Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

Fair enough, this is on personal preference, but your mate is talking absolute shite! NOS/optimus alive is twice the festival Benicassim is!

And the sound is so much better than Beni! If beni didn't have sun, I genuinely wouldn't think of going back, amateur in comparison to my experience at Optimus Alive!

Does that mean Optimus Alive! doesn't have much sun then?

Why I love Beni so much is that you can doss down on the beach during the day to recover - is this not the norm for Optimus then? This is the main reason for not enduring UK festivals.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a lot of trouble at Beni this year compared with previous years.

A seen fights break out in the taxi rank and the night a got the bus a fight broke out aswell.

A also came across Scottsh and English people singing alot of shite,

Still a top weekend.

Was also unahppy they swapped Weller with Jake Bugg

Does that mean Optimus Alive! doesn't have much sun then?

Why I love Beni so much is that you can doss down on the beach during the day to recover - is this not the norm for Optimus then? This is the main reason for not enduring UK festivals.

We went to Optimus last year for a change but didn't really enjoy as much as Beni…actually found it a bit cold and we weren't prepared! it's not a Beach type location either and I found the crowd a bit dull but saying that Lisbon is a very cool city though! :beach: it's a good festival but if you want similar to Beni I wouldn't bother.

I just wanted to post a quick note about the guy who was supposed to be sorting out our accommodation this year at Benicassim, but turned out to be a complete cowboy and con-artist and has run off with our deposit despite not actually arranging our accommodation.

His name is: Francisco Javier Cerrejon Gallego

His (rubbish) website is: http://www.benicassim-alquiler.com/

He has various emails that I have found: reservas@benicassim-alquiler.com , franksanchez46@gmail.com , javicerrejon@hotmail.com

Hopefully by posting this information it will appear in search engines and people can be warned off using his services in the future.

Perhaps we were naive, but we did everything by the book, had a contract in place and I have a copy of his passport. Unfortunately he promised us apartments that weren't his to let, two weeks before the festival he sent us the final confirmation and had slyly changed the address to a place much further from the site. We flagged this and came to a compromise, but when we arrived on Thursday we were told he couldn't actually deliver on this either and we were looking at having nowhere to stay at all.

Fortunately some helpful estate agents sorted us out and warned us that Javier has a bad reputation in Benicassim and should be avoided at all costs. He still has our original deposit and is refusing to return it.

Steer clear!