Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

I have a question, was wondering if anyone knows how entry/ticket resale works (is my first time going this summer).

I bought 4 tickets a while ago but one of my friends now can't make it. All the tickets are in my name (to reduce the service charge) and all were emailed to me after I bought them (print at home tickets).

Am I able to sell the free ticket to someone (and send them it or something- not sure how the whole ticket selling thing works) or would that not be possible since they are all in my name- are they strict about the lead booker being there? Is it worth trying to contact SeeTickets? (Although it says the tickets aren't refundable.)

Any advice at all would be great (obviously my friend isn't keen to lose £107 AND the flight money)!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Chloe6018" post="4351708" timestamp=

I have a question, was wondering if anyone knows how entry/ticket resale works (is my first time going this summer).

I bought 4 tickets a while ago but one of my friends now can't make it. All the tickets are in my name (to reduce the service charge) and all were emailed to me after I bought them (print at home tickets).

Am I able to sell the free ticket to someone (and send them it or something- not sure how the whole ticket selling thing works) or would that not be possible since they are all in my name- are they strict about the lead booker being there? Is it worth trying to contact SeeTickets? (Although it says the tickets aren't refundable.)

Any advice at all would be great (obviously my friend isn't keen to lose £107 AND the flight money)!

Edited by shaun64

Quite a lot of people, bar probably the Stones (although they were still rumoured for quite a while before being announced) would've predicted that. Every year Pinkpop picks up some of the biggest headliners around so Arctics and Metallica are far from out the ordinary (and are pretty similar to KOL/Killers/Green Day)

I agree people have the right to be pissed off now though, they're clearly struggling.

Sorry but Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire and Metallica are bigger an better acts then KOL and Greenday. The Killers were the Major headliner there last year and they only match AM, AF & M + This year they have The Rolling fucking Stones. This years Pinkpop is much much bigger then last last years.

Sorry but Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire and Metallica are bigger an better acts then KOL and Greenday. The Killers were the Major headliner there last year and they only match AM, AF & M + This year they have The Rolling fucking Stones. This years Pinkpop is much much bigger then last last years.

Only because of the Stones. Otherwise it is on par with every other year.

Wonder what the chances of acts like The Cure and Bruce Springsteen are of playing Beni, just looking at pinkpops previous headliners.

Come across to me as the sort of acts that have these things lined up a fair few months before.

All the Coldplay talk went quiet too didn't it. Assume they're pretty out the equation, especially due to the fact there aint no big UK festivals short of headliners.

Only because of the Stones. Otherwise it is on par with every other year.

Well that pretty much was the point of my original statement anyway.....

Even if the lineup headline wise was simply AM, AF and Metallica, that would be a stronger line-up then last year.

change out Arctic Monkeys (who are bigger) for Kasabian and you have the Glastonburys headliners.

So even without RS the headliners are better than Glasto. Throw in one of the biggest bands of all time on top of that and it's probably the best line-up of any festival in the world this year.

I highly doubt anyone was expecting that.

I highly doubt anyone was expecting that.

It's a fairly logical guess if you know what you're looking for (especially as Pinkpop announced late on). Arctics are whoring themselves out again, Arcade Fire (who I assume were lined up to headline outright before being moved to second stage to accommodate the Stones) are doing the early festival circuit in Europe before having a break in July then doing late festivals in the US and Pinkpop often have a 'heavier' headliner and Metallica are around at the time. The same process can be applied to loads of Euro fests, including Beni if they weren't fucking around so much.

As I say, if you ignore the Stones as they're a bit of an anomaly, that trio is similar in stature to most of their previous lineups, such as The Cure/Linkin Park/Springsteen in 2012 or Foos/KOL/Coldplay in 2011 (it's no use just comparing last years...)

It's a fairly logical guess if you know what you're looking for (especially as Pinkpop announced late on). Arctics are whoring themselves out again, Arcade Fire (who I assume were lined up to headline outright before being moved to second stage to accommodate the Stones) are doing the early festival circuit in Europe before having a break in July then doing late festivals in the US and Pinkpop often have a 'heavier' headliner and Metallica are around at the time. The same process can be applied to loads of Euro fests, including Beni if they weren't fucking around so much.

As I say, if you ignore the Stones as they're a bit of an anomaly, that trio is similar in stature to most of their previous lineups, such as The Cure/Linkin Park/Springsteen in 2012 or Foos/KOL/Coldplay in 2011 (it's no use just comparing last years...)

...... but you can't exclude the Stones, because they are on the line-up.

All I said was people have every right to be pissed with Beni because they have fucked around and let everyone down. While other festivals are surprising people in good ways.

With hindsight, yes, you can make comparisons and find the links but even the prophet Laurie himself would not have predicted PInkpop to drop a better line-up then Glasto. People would have expected a solid line-up sure, they seem to have a solid line-up every year, but so does Beni- hence the original statement defending Muzzy's choice to buy tickets.

I'm not saying Beni should be dropping a bigger line-up then Glasto but considering Beni and Pinkpop have always been at a fairly similar standard then it's pretty shit if Beni dropped Calvin Harris, KOL, Kasabian and bumped someone up.

One of the replies to the kasabian video they put up is 'a little bit more. We really want to do it.' Another saying they have very exciting names. Could this suggest that they have headliners booked but just can't announce them yet? Or, am I just looking into it a little too much?

Edited by marr1986

One of the replies to the kasabian video they put up is 'a little bit more. We really want to do it.' Another saying they have very exciting names. Could this suggest that they have headliners booked but just can't announce them yet? Or, am I just looking into it a little too much?

FIB Hi Jane we are telling the truth. We can't say a specific day. But we'll do it, we'll give very exciting names. We really understand you and really know that time's passing very quickly!!

FIB Hi boys and girls. We really, really understand you. As we said a lot of times, we'll give more bands and dj's, but we can't say exactly when we'll announce them. We look forward to make a great festival to you. Thank you for all your interest!! Now we're working. Is the best we can do to give you a great experience!!!!
Tbh I don't believe they've got anyone else finalised. Everyone is fucking pissed off on their facebook and twitter having a go asking when, anyone with an ounce of sanity would give up the acts already booked and available to announce to keep people sweet, but they ain't so either PR in Spain is done differently, or I'm right (and i'm never wrong).

tbh we've waited so long now to the point where I'm not even fussed waiting for the lineup, in reality they are gunna announce it all at some point in May so it will be some point in the next 2 weeks or so which is fine by me as long as we get it! If it hasn't been announced by June then the headliners are looking to be Kasabian, Chase and Status, Paul Weller and Lily Allen