Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere a while back that AHJ said he would love to open a strokes gig with a solo set, so they could end up on the same line-up as a festival I guess.

Morrissey The Strokes Prince Kasabian

Would be great. Although I would rather the Black Keys or Libs over The Strokes.

I really doubt the Arctic Monkeys will play again but I find it odd that with 4 big festivals in Spain it's odd that they are not playing any of them. They're in Europe and are not booked that weekend so they very well could play again.

Edited by Mokes

I read somewhere a while back that AHJ said he would love to open a strokes gig with a solo set, so they could end up on the same line-up as a festival I guess.

Morrissey The Strokes Prince Kasabian

Would be great. Although I would rather the Black Keys or Libs over The Strokes.

I really doubt the Arctic Monkeys will play again but I find it odd that with 4 big festivals in Spain it's odd that they are not playing any of them. They're in Europe and are not booked that weekend so they very well could play again.

As much as I dislike The Strokes, that line up would easily be strong as fuck and worth the wait for most people.

I can't remember personally but people on here have said last year that Alex said at the end of Arctic's set 'see you again next year.' The rumour was they signed a two year deal. Just going off what people said, don't hold me to it.

I can't remember personally but people on here have said last year that Alex said at the end of Arctic's set 'see you again next year.' The rumour was they signed a two year deal. Just going off what people said, don't hold me to it.

at 24 seconds he says "we'll see you next time folks". Not sure how much you can read into that though, we can hope though!

at 24 seconds he says "we'll see you next time folks". Not sure how much you can read into that though, we can hope though!

Think you'll find a lot of artists sign off at gigs like that. Alex also said that at the end of there Glasto set last year by my memory!

Sorry to disappoint!

Think you'll find a lot of artists sign off at gigs like that. Alex also said that at the end of there Glasto set last year by my memory!

Sorry to disappoint!

Only pointing it out because of the possibility of the two year contract mentioned, otherwise like you saidm, it would mean nothing

Arctics would be a massive dissapointment, not act wise, just the fact that for a 20 year anniversary, the festival couldn't attract anyone other than an act who played last year. Knowing Arctics would take the one of the two "big" headliner slots aswell.

Arctics would be a massive dissapointment, not act wise, just the fact that for a 20 year anniversary, the festival couldn't attract anyone other than an act who played last year. Knowing Arctics would take the one of the two "big" headliner slots aswell.

to be fair, Rock Werchter this year is its 40th edition, they brought back KOL from last year to headline again, despite (I assume) having quite the budget with it constantly selling out, and selling out really early this year

to be fair, Rock Werchter this year is its 40th edition, they brought back KOL from last year to headline again, despite (I assume) having quite the budget with it constantly selling out, and selling out really early this year

I don't have a ticket for Rock Werchter though, I've got one for Beni and don't really wanna see the same headliner at the same festival I was at last year, especially when I'm seeing them at Finsbury Park a few months beforehand.

Think you lot will be lucky to get someone of arctics calibre to headline even if it is again. Just can't see the logic in a festival holding on to acts if they have them booked, if they had anyone decent, they'd be out there.

I'd say they're struggling, like optimus with finding headline acts to be booked and now left it so so late. Also festivals don't really take note of anniversaries, its good marketing and PR and can grab a few extra ticket sells because punters will think it'll pull out all the stops but in reality its the same as other years, same budget, same competition festivals competing for acts.

Think you lot will be lucky to get someone of arctics calibre to headline even if it is again. Just can't see the logic in a festival holding on to acts if they have them booked, if they had anyone decent, they'd be out there.

I'd say they're struggling, like optimus with finding headline acts to be booked and now left it so so late. Also festivals don't really take note of anniversaries, its good marketing and PR and can grab a few extra ticket sells because punters will think it'll pull out all the stops but in reality its the same as other years, same budget, same competition festivals competing for acts.

There's not much logic in if they book shitter acts to headline, why they don't rush them out either though.

If they can get Kasabian who are headlining Glasto, I have faith that theres other acts out there who they can book.

I was only adding to the rumours and possibilities. I'd be disappointed if they were there again this year, not because I don't like them, just because I seen them there last year and will be seeing them at Leeds festival this year.

I don't have a ticket for Rock Werchter though, I've got one for Beni and don't really wanna see the same headliner at the same festival I was at last year, especially when I'm seeing them at Finsbury Park a few months beforehand.

shouldn't have bought a ticket for beni then if you're just gonna complain :thumbsu:

shouldn't have bought a ticket for beni then if you're just gonna complain :thumbsu:

To be fair, no one could have guessed that they were going to fuck around with the headliners for this long. You can only go off what has gone before it and Beni has always had a very solid line-up and has a great location. Had I have not jumped at it from the precedence they have set, I would have just brought tickets to PinkPop. Who would have foreseen that a festival that last year had the Killers, KOL and fucking Greenday, would come out this year with The Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys, Metallica and Arcade Fire.

Everyone who brought a ticket early would have the right to be pissed off if they dropped the same headliner 3 times in 4 years. Personally I would love the Arctic Monkeys to be there. I haven't seen them since Fluorescent Adolescent first came out which was time ago. It would suck for the regulars though.

Honestly though I would rather Kasabian take all 3 remaining headline slots then stand through KOL again.

Who would have foreseen that a festival that last year had the Killers, KOL and fucking Greenday, would come out this year with The Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys, Metallica and Arcade Fire.

Quite a lot of people, bar probably the Stones (although they were still rumoured for quite a while before being announced) would've predicted that. Every year Pinkpop picks up some of the biggest headliners around so Arctics and Metallica are far from out the ordinary (and are pretty similar to KOL/Killers/Green Day)

I agree people have the right to be pissed off now though, they're clearly struggling.

Edited by MattDavies__

Unless they've only just booked Arctics...

In won't be The Strokes, they're not touring this summer.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've gone back to Arctics as a last resort. They're popular enough.

the strokes are playing a couple of dates (may 31st port chester ny and 6th june the governors ball ny)

so there is a chance they may do other dates

the strokes are playing a couple of dates (may 31st port chester ny and 6th june the governors ball ny)

so there is a chance they may do other dates

They're 100% not touring Europe this summer though.

Julian and Al are both touring their own solo projects, the only reason they're doing Governer's Ball is because it's a hometown show (and other date is a warm up show.)

They may well tour Europe at the end of the year (even though they originally had no plans to to tour the latest album) but it won't be over summer.

They're 100% not touring Europe this summer though.

Julian and Al are both touring their own solo projects, the only reason they're doing Governer's Ball is because it's a hometown show (and other date is a warm up show.)

They may well tour Europe at the end of the year (even though they originally had no plans to to tour the latest album) but it won't be over summer.