The Elusive Chanteuse

bamber

Is she this good still? Probably not.

But still WOWing audiences around Europe and the world this Spring, every recording of which is utter shite. Let the BBC record her on the Pyramid so we have worthy recording of all that.

Unlikely, I know :(

A very long time ago, Mariah Carey.

• 1 month later...

Ah yeuch, all belters in this thread.  Don't like singers who 'gargle with vowels'.

Am a fan of many female singers, though listing them seperately seems wrong anyhow.

Patti Smith was fantastic last year and I have to admit Mary J Blige, not my cup of tea really, was also very good. This year I am very much looking forward to P J Harvey.  Cyndi Lauper could be interesting. I listened back to her debut album the other day and still love that. She must include her Prince cover ('When you were mine').

My number one tip though is Rokia Traore.

42 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Ah yeuch, all belters in this thread.  Don't like singers who 'gargle with vowels'.

Am a fan of many female singers, though listing them seperately seems wrong anyhow.

Patti Smith was fantastic last year and I have to admit Mary J Blige, not my cup of tea really, was also very good. This year I am very much looking forward to P J Harvey.  Cyndi Lauper could be interesting. I listened back to her debut album the other day and still love that. She must include her Prince cover ('When you were mine').

My number one tip though is Rokia Traore.

You know, something other than silent indifference or turgid negativity is always good news around here, to be honest. I'll take that as a complement. I'm no fan of Patti Smith if truth be said though.

Edited by bamber

• 3 months later...