The Elusive Chanteuse

bamber

• 2 weeks later...

HaHa, there is a small chance that one or two of you might have missed this on the BBC two weeks ago.

Those of you who missed it should take a listen.

You won't hear this on any radio station, inexplicably.

Jessie J ..... Genius tune.

1 hour ago, bamber said:

You are not ready. Never will be... wait. ME

(Does anyone here like me?)

I can't listen to that track right now, so can't comment on it.

I like you though. Even though I have no idea who you are, what you do (not that that is particularly important) etc. I do know that you probably have a much wider musical knowledge than two of my mates, who are really in to their music. I also know that you have traveled the west coast of Ireland at some point in your life. I don't even know if you are male or female (not that that's important either) - I'm pretty sure that you have indicated that you have been male at one time and female at another (over the years). Not sure if that's some experiment that you are conducting.

I actually had a notion of what you might do for a living (or have done in the past). If you want me to I'll let you know what that wild guess is?

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was thinking along the lines of you working in the oil industry, or maybe a geologist. Am I even remotely close?

A lot of my friends who I were in School and College with are in just that industry as it happens, but not me.  There but by the grace of god (there is no god~btw) go I. Do you you have a friend that has a nickname that only you use? I do and he has probably found more oil than anyone else you could mention. He is Torn at times.

I Digress,

The tickets for this sold out the day before I clocked it was on. I should have been there. I am fully gutted I wasn't...

Jessie J at Paradiso :)

(Trevor Nelson played the now released Queen earlier. Made me happy.)

Edited by bamber

8 hours ago, bamber said:

A lot of my friends who I were in School and College with are in just that industry as it happens, but not me.  There but by the grace of god (there is no god~btw) go I. Do you you have a friend that has a nickname that only you use? I do and he has probably found more oil than anyone else you could mention. He is Torn at times.

I Digress,

The tickets for this sold out the day before I clocked it was on. I should have been there. I am fully gutted I wasn't...

Jessie J at Paradiso :)

(Trevor Nelson played the now released Queen earlier. Made me happy.)

Hello bamber,

I don't understand the 'there is no God' thing. I am not religious, but hold the view that I don't know whether there is one or not. I can't see any logic in not holding that position. However,  that's an aside. I can't think of anybody I know who has a nickname. Apart from myself, that is, and let's face it I  don't have a clue about me. My wife calls me Big Man, and now some friends do too. Unfortunately it's not because I am well endowed. It's because she thinks that I am a proper man - the way a man should be. Take from that what you will.

So, if you are not an oil geologist then you have got to be a spaceman/ woman right?

On 17/12/2017 at 1:20 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

I don't understand the 'there is no God' thing. I am not religious, but hold the view that I don't know whether there is one or not. I can't see any logic in not holding that position. However,  that's an aside. I can't think of anybody I know who has a nickname. Apart from myself, that is, and let's face it I  don't have a clue about me. My wife calls me Big Man, and now some friends do too. Unfortunately it's not because I am well endowed. It's because she thinks that I am a proper man - the way a man should be. Take from that what you will.

So, if you are not an oil geologist then you have got to be a spaceman/ woman right?

Yo Big Man!

The whole "There is No God" thing  for me is all about the extreme unlikelihood of any of the "Insane Ramblings of Pre-Historic Desert Tribes" being anything other than that. It just seems to me to be wildly implausible. It is pretty logical in absence of any evidence whatsoever.

I'm comfortable with Spaceman.

Bamber X

Edited by bamber

1 minute ago, bamber said:

Yo Big Man!

The whole "There is No God" thing  for me is all about the extreme unlikelihood of any of the "Insane Ramblings of Pre-Historic Desert Tribes" being anything other than that. It just seems to me to be wildly implausible. It is pretty logical in absence of any evidence whatsoever.

I'm comfortable with Spaceman.

Bamber X

Hello Spaceman  

I'll not get in to the God thing, because it will do my poor little noggin in. I'm from Birmingham don't you know, and fully acknowledge our inadequacies - both theological and real! That said, I can do existential angst like no other. 

Here's one for you and all the astronaut's circling this planet;

Yog

xxx

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Spaceman  

I'll not get in to the God thing, because it will do my poor little noggin in. I'm from Birmingham don't you know, and fully acknowledge our inadequacies - both theological and real! That said, I can do existential angst like no other. 

Here's one for you and all the astronaut's circling this planet;

Yog

xxx

Epic Tune.

I lived in Edgbaston for a short time early eighties. It always felt to me that there should be a second e in Edgbaston, after the g.

14 minutes ago, bamber said:

Epic Tune.

I lived in Edgbaston for a short time early eighties. It always felt to me that there should be a second e in Edgbaston, after the g.

My word, you do get around don't you. Me, my brothers, and my dad built our, then, family house just up the road from Edgbaston (we were in Selly Park) between 1984 and 1985. Pebble Mill was still there at the time - the next road up from our house. In addition to this The Royal Waton opened it's doors for the first time in the early 80's. It was, and still is, a restaurant next to the Selly Park Tavern. Just wondering if you ever frequented the place?

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My word, you do get around don't you. Me, my brothers, and my dad built our, then, family house just up the road from Edgbaston (we were in Selly Park) between 1984 and 1985. Pebble Mill was still there at the time - the next road up from our house. In addition to this The Royal Waton opened it's doors for the first time in the early 80's. It was, and still is, a restaurant next to the Selly Park Tavern. Just wondering if you ever frequented the place?

My memories are vague. I remember getting up a 5am to drive to London and not getting home until 11pm. I remember my Boss who could eat his cooked breakfast quicker than any of his subordinates  whilst being the only one who did any talking in the meetings. We were selling "Electronic Mail Terminals" which had ball-point pens that wrote the emails out.