The Elusive Chanteuse

bamber

On 11/05/2014 at 12:03 AM, bamber said:

And the greatest of them all, by some distance. Graced the stages f Glatonbury .nuf times and I saw every performance.. Never disapointed. So hard to belive she is gone. Amy Jade Winehouse.

Spent the afternoon re-listening to stuff I posted here, This still stands out.

Amy.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is listening, an introduction.

Erykah Badu is from Dallas, Texas,  born1971. Badu is famous basically for being every kinda awesome. The enduring mystery is the story where Michael and Emily Eavis have never managed to book her for the festival. What the fuck?

Edited by bamber

It would be remiss of me if I did not click on this here of all places..........

Phwahhhhhh!

A song about an imaginary friend, I think, I'm, nobody, can be sure....

Please Eavii, Please

Edited by bamber

I saw Joss Stone tonight.

Just from memory, she covered, Man's world, Midnight train to Georgia, (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman, and Close To You; and so many other tunes. The crowd was enthralled, utterly.

I have a photo, but it is shite.

( almost no-one was filming or photographing, which was nice, though it dosn't help me in imparting the sheer awesomeness of it all )

Almost everyone in the Audience was 50+

Edited by bamber

Any approximation, of loony Joss is, is only matched by the big loony . I don't know what that means.

Joss Stone is not as loony as most of her audience.I know that. I probably am saner than most of the people I met tonight.

Edited by bamber

• 3 weeks later...

Apart from the last weekend in June (which Trumps everything else obviously) this was the best night of my year (and it was not without other contenders). Yes, its some C**t with a phone, but this, my friends, is the best of all the voices. St David’s Hall Cardiff 15.10.17, I was there, in a kind of dream... You don't have to worry about me posting a load of shite videos tonight because I'm listening to this over and over till I pass out. Joss Stone for Glastonbury 2109, come on, why would anyone argue against that?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...