Your Journey To Glasto 2014

Guest kalifire

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fly from Norway to London arriving at 11am on the Wednesday, not decided yet between coach or train from there to Glastonbury. ( If anyone can advise I will be grateful!)Meeting up with a group of about 20 pals, luckily we are staying at worthy view so no worries about getting camped together. Its my first time, and I am getting very excited!

fly from Norway to London arriving at 11am on the Wednesday, not decided yet between coach or train from there to Glastonbury. ( If anyone can advise I will be grateful!)Meeting up with a group of about 20 pals, luckily we are staying at worthy view so no worries about getting camped together. Its my first time, and I am getting very excited!

Drive from Eastbourne on the glorious Sunshine Coast (!) at about 5-30am, getting to Glastonbury car parks at approx 9am I should think - if I'm queued, in, camped, pumped up and settled with a beer in my hand by 11am then I'm a very happy me

Leaving Hampshire about 4am, hoping to be in the queue for 7am. I'll be coming in convoy with friends.

Original plan was to go to a work meeting in Castle Cary on the Tuesday, and get myself in a hotel that night. Turns out that, already, pretty much everywhere is booked up... So now it's a trip to Glastonbury on the Tuesday, back home, and driving back there 12 hours later...

Edited by Amii

Tuesday post work... Watch England vs. Costa Rica match at 5pm whilst repacking rucksack and drinking cider.

Jump into white van with 5 others and bags!

Drive to Bristol. (Well someone else will drive. I will drink more cider!)

Meet up with 3 more car loads at a pub in Bristol. Have a few ciders.

Go to site carpark. Have a few ciders and some sammiches. Obv. :)

its a early start Tuesday morning - local bus at 8am to reach tube station at 9am tube to Balham and catch train to Clapham Junction so will arrive close to 10am which is two hours early.
There is various ways to do it but by catching the Balham train this stops at the nearest platform to the St John's Hill exit { Clapham Junction has 17 platforms so its a bloody wide station as people will discover if they catch the London Overground which stops at the furthest platform to St John's Hill exit }
We could go via Victoria but they keep messing about with the tube exits { planned work due to end in 2018 }
We have a back up plan if there is a tube strike that day.
My Team has a reservation on the first crew coach - departs promptly at Noon - its a doddle to get there ' provided the coach driver speaks English ' as I will be standing right beside him making sure he makes the right turn { there is only two crucial turns from the A303 }
We have some red tape at Red Gate entry point but should have the tents up in the crew area by 4pm and then its drinks time.
One of my Team mates is flying back from NZ - must be mad - he is breaking short a Round the World trip { he is on it just now } - he was planning getting back to Iceland in July but I was able to give him a place.Just in case there is a delay he will be landing in London Monday afternoon.So while he is galavanting about I have to do all the preparation work ready for departure.

Convoy meeting at tesco for last minute supplies and leaving at about 5.30 am on Wednesday to get on to m23. Head round and pick up the London / Guilford collective at Popham services on m3 about an hour later.... Then it's a straight run towards Glastonbury (sitting in traffic... on a303 most likely) after that. We normally like parked on the west side as closest to the gates we favour so deliberately boomerang past the site to approach from the other side...

Hope to on site / set up by 12/1 ish

Is anyone else going from Victoria in London? I haven't been for a couple of years now and I can't remember if they stick to the bus times or if it's just first come first served?

I vaguely remember being in a queue for a bit waiting for a mate, but then I don't remember anyone really checking our times etc...

My coach is at 10:30am but if it's first come first served, I'll make sure to get there plenty early!

2 cars setting off from Barnsley around 3am Weds. What are the queues usually like first thing Weds? Was kind of hoping to be getting in there nice and early but wondering if we maybe need to be setting off earlier if we're wanting to have our tent up by 11am.

Motorhome drive down from Falkirk. Leaving around 5am on the Tuesday. Will be between 8 and 9 hours with a couple of quick stops probably. Planning to avoid Bristol and carry on to junction 23 on the M5. Meeting another couple there.