Your Journey To Glasto 2014

Guest kalifire

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taxi home to Dublin airport at 5am. Fly to Bristol for 7.30am. Taxi to supermarket. Get frustrated with others in supermarket as we bicker over booze. Potentially have first mildly grumpy passive aggressive argument. Get over it very quickly (potentially including being tickled, as it defuses all arguments). Coach on to campsite leaving at 10.30. Then mischief begins..........

Leave Leeds between 11pm and 12am Tuesday night. Nice leisurely drive and hopefully into the car parks for 5-6 ish, pretty much start queuing straight away.

Funny how the energy that means I can drive all night and be wide awake with nothing more than a coffee or red bull disappears the moment I pick my kit up out of the boot and start walking with it!

Out of interest which way are you heading to the site from Wells? We're going to be coming down the A37 this year but want to be coming in from the West car parks. Was thinking of cutting off to Wells and then down to towards the site but not entirely sure which roads we can and can't use as we get closer to the site.

We expect to depart 7am Tuesday from North Manchester - M60 - M6 - M5 - collect a friend in the West Midlands - A37 - arrive at East Camper Fields around lunchtime, ideally E22/23, meet up with more friends, have a party Tuesday night, numbers increasing as others with cars arrive in the evening.

Join Gate C queue around 7am to help those with tents at Big Ground.

Beyond that....who knows!! :sungum:

Probably leave home about 5ish this Sunday, should take about half hour or so to get there. Park up, and be pitched with a bbq and a cider by 6ish :)

I will arive this Saturday in the UK. I will start in Ashburton, then i go to St. Ives. The day before wednesday i´m in Lynton and from there I will go to Glastonbury.

On Monday I booked a spa hotel in Bath, because I think I need to recover from Glastonbury :beach:

Edited by EindhovenNL

wagon packed monday

leave home tues 1/2 afternoon slow drive up should get to gates about 5 [ have permission to go in early ] park up open beer sort out friends sleep wake 5/6 am wed get banded drive in park up go to second camp help set up tents for others still on rd come back say hi to slodge and RELAX ..................................................................i hope

wagon packed monday

leave home tues 1/2 afternoon slow drive up should get to gates about 5 [ have permission to go in early ] park up open beer sort out friends sleep wake 5/6 am wed get banded drive in park up go to second camp help set up tents for others still on rd come back say hi to slodge and RELAX ..................................................................i hope