Foo Fighters

Brave Sir Robin

Oh good, Arcade Fire are being discussed. I didnt want to be really annoying and bring them up, but apparently Win and Regine might be on the New Orleans episode of this Sonic Highways series, with the Preservation Hall Jazz band. Because of this I caught the second half of the second Washington DC episode last night. I dont like FF at all musically, but I found it really interesting and Im looking forward to the rest.

They do a great cover of 'keep the car running' :)

Yeah it seems pretty standard Foos but I like it more than Something From Nothing, which also sounded kinda standard Foos. Really liking watching these programmes then seeing all the callbacks within the song though - much less a gimmick than I thought it'd be.

Yeah that made Something From Nothing much more interesting to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04n203w

Maida Vale Session and Zane Lowe interview

If Glastonbury is on the cards, wonder if they had a chat with Zane just like Arcade Fire did...

They probably did, but the first inkling from Arcade Fire was on Jo Whiley's show. :P

Zane self confirms for artists who aren't playing anyway like Klaxons or Foals.

They probably did, but the first inkling from Arcade Fire was on Jo Whiley's show. :P

Zane self confirms for artists who aren't playing anyway like Klaxons or Foals.

I blacked it out just incase someone would somehow find offence in it.

But my immediate thought, after hearing what lucky had to say is that they could of recorded something like this with Zane.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01nq3dt

But this is pure speculation before anyone jumps at me.

I actually blacked out & had a kip during Foo's set at Reading. I did the same but for whole of Kasabian (mates woke me up & had a wicked night at the silent disco). Woke up shivering so went straight to the bar.

Basically I need to plan my pass out/hours kip & see Foo's again.

another new one

thought this was boring as shit. most of the reviews i've seen of the album have echoed my sentiments - same old Foos but with a hook (8 cities, 8 songs etc) to try and make it sound more interesting

that's half of the album now, so unless the second half is really great and different this looks to be a disappointment

yeah... it's pretty goddamn disappointing. i was hoping that in the context of the album the songs would sound better but if anything it just highlights how by the numbers and samey they all are (which is especially bad considering there's only eight songs to begin with). shame. hopefully when / if they play Glastonbury they'll keep the songs from this album to a minimum (so... half of the album)

I've only listened to it once but it's pretty dull. Something from Nothing and Feast and the Famine seem to be the best songs on it. Wasn't expecting that much from the album anyway, I've heard about 5 of their albums now and I don't think I've liked any the whole way through, each has had a few great songs and a lot of filler imo and this is similar.