2014 Webcam Watch

Amii

I can't be the only one obsessively refreshing this page while I'm meant to be doing far more useful things.

So to start things off - what on earth is being built next to the stage? In years of yonder I don't remember those two platform-esque scaffolds being in place. Particularly not at this point.

Any idea on which cam we'd spot the first sign of the fence? By all accounts, they're going to start putting that up next week...

Edit: Just to add, I use this page, because you get all three full cams instead of one, plus a link to WickedFaerie's cam (which doesn't seem to be working at the moment).

Edited by kalifire

I can't be the only one obsessively refreshing this page while I'm meant to be doing far more useful things.

So to start things off - what on earth is being built next to the stage? In years of yonder I don't remember those two platform-esque scaffolds being in place. Particularly not at this point.

and to answer that question im thinking theyre the screen towers either side of the stage going up?

There's definitely something to the left of the Pyramid, as you look at it. Possibly the right too. They definitely look like the screen tower scaffolds, what do you reckon?

I still can't see the Ribbon Tower construction which has supposedly gone up already.

There's definitely something to the left of the Pyramid, as you look at it. Possibly the right too. They definitely look like the screen tower scaffolds, what do you reckon?

I still can't see the Ribbon Tower construction which has supposedly gone up already.

Ribbon_tower.png

That's it, I believe :)

Any idea on which cam we'd spot the first sign of the fence? By all accounts, they're going to start putting that up next week...

Edit: Just to add, I use this page, because you get all three full cams instead of one, plus a link to WickedFaerie's cam (which doesn't seem to be working at the moment).

its normally the webcam the BBC have called ' Greenfields '
so the fence will come from left to the right
but ' if they keep the webcam ' called John Peel Stage - you will spot it coming from right to left
but closer to the event - they may move that webcam further south
God knows why they don't put some decent cameras in but its better than nothing although some years they go blank for a week or two - could be someone just flicking a switch .
The best one is the WickedFaerie's panoramic images
by the way ' the timelapse ' still works
also look out because there is a guy who some years ' flys over ' the site and will have overhead shots of various areas
I stored this one as it shows my crew camp being built.

could-be-the-camp.jpg

Talking of time lapses, I've set something to automatically save the images and create a time lapse video. It's just going into my Google drive at the moment, but I have a proper web site in the works, hopefully by the end of this week.

The advantage is that all the time lapse videos are up to date. I expect most people reading this know about it from the other thread, but just in case:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5rSB_NR4lPwdzY2Y2Zpa2RpcVU/edit

I few years back someone uploaded a desktop widget here. I've still got it on my laptop but can't find where it's hosted. Anyone else know?

You probably mean this one:

http://kohoutec.webspace.virginmedia.com/GC/glastocam.gadget

There's also my horrifically dated-looking webcam page (this was originally hosted on my router :) ).

You probably mean this one:

http://kohoutec.webspace.virginmedia.com/GC/glastocam.gadget

There's also my horrifically dated-looking webcam page (this was originally hosted on my router :) ).

I have your page pinned in Google :D Find the reference pics just below a great reminder, plus a countdown timer! What more do you want?!

Yeah, they really need to put up an HD camera now after all these years. Cant complain too much though as its been pretty reliable all told over the last year. Fence often approaches from both left and right at the same time along the South ridge.

Its my fault - I fated it by saying that it had been pretty reliable up until now! On the plus side there will be plenty of activity on site soon so someone will likely investigate - hopefully...

I've followed this webcam all summer -> autumn -> winter and now spring. when it's about to kick off in a big way the thing breaks. I could cry.