2014 Webcam Watch

Amii

10 life points (don't know what these can be used for but good to have none the less) for the first person to spot the cider bus on webcam and post the pic in here.

I'm sure there was one year where the webcam caught it driving down the road next to the Pyramid stage.

I'm sure there was one year where the webcam caught it driving down the road next to the Pyramid stage.

We all thought it was spotted on the webcam, then realised that we'd had a collective hallucination/memory reconstruction - there was a photo of the cider bus driving down the road, with dust trails and everything, but it wasn't on the webcam, it was just a pre-festival snap taken with a normal camera. I don't think the cider bus ever gets into frame for the webcam, more's the pity.

We all thought it was spotted on the webcam, then realised that we'd had a collective hallucination/memory reconstruction - there was a photo of the cider bus driving down the road, with dust trails and everything, but it wasn't on the webcam, it was just a pre-festival snap taken with a normal camera. I don't think the cider bus ever gets into frame for the webcam, more's the pity.

Haha! You're absolutely right. Behold the general crapness of human memory...

I even found the photo:

The-cider-bus-arriving-in-2008.jpg

Haha! You're absolutely right. Behold the general crapness of human memory...

I even found the photo:

The-cider-bus-arriving-in-2008.jpg

That's the one! Loads of us (including me) were convinced it had been seen on the webcam, until it was pointed out that it would have been impossible to see the dust on a crappy camera that was miles away + pointing in the wrong direction!

Of course, we have a handy image archive these days!

http://glastonburywebcam.cloudapp.net/Webcam/index/17Jun2014_0340

pyramid_2014-06-17_03-39.jpg

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Last year I seem to remember they purposefully turned the webcams off whilst they put the phoenix in place, maybe that's what they're doing now with whatever they're putting on top this year?

its been down more than its up - so they have had lots of time to bang something up there