Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

Are you serious as I really want to do this? The OH wants to wear a bikini, is that ok?

There are at least 2 saunas on site I think, but I've only ever come across 1 of them and wasn't wanting one at that time. Clothing is the norm, as I understand it, but nudity is accepted. This is on my bucket list, but I never made time last year. This year, to celebrate the heatwave, I'll have one.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was in the Rabbit Hole last year. There is a tent called the rabbit hole, but as people have said, the actual rabbit hole opens up later at night. Shouldn't be too hard to find since there was a huge queue to get into it. But answer a riddle, have some carrot vodka, crawl through a long tunnel, and it opens up into another area with bar and stage. That picture above looks like the rabbit hole i can remember.

Fatboy slim was playing in the non-secret part before we went through the rabbit hole

How difficult are the riddles? Are we talking cryptic enough not to be able to answer them if you're a bit mashed!?

I swear I found a nightclub/bar in my first year that was done up as a rainforest & there was a snake being passed around for pictures but never got one. Had an open smoking area too. Would have been around SE corner.

Can anyone confirm if I'm makin this up?

Sounds much like the one we went in 3? years ago that was done up as an underwater place complete with mermaids. That had an outside bit (well, outsidish bit with no roof iirc) where you could smoke off to the left hand side from the entrance. It could be that if they change the theme every year.

Sounds much like the one we went in 3? years ago that was done up as an underwater place complete with mermaids. That had an outside bit (well, outsidish bit with no roof iirc) where you could smoke off to the left hand side from the entrance. It could be that if they change the theme every year.

Not sure about the rainforest one, but the underwater one with mermaids was called 'Fish & Tits'.

A few years back (I assume 2011 the year U2 headlined) a couple of friends in my group found a U2 themed Karaoke bar with weird puppets. They would give you sun glasses and you'd go round the back of a little stage, put your head through the hole so it looked like you were Bono and the Edge and you sang U2 based Karaoke.

269408_766096292592_7004265_n.jpg

I assume this was only for 2011 but some other version of this should be there every year.

Edited by Gutterflower

How difficult are the riddles? Are we talking cryptic enough not to be able to answer them if you're a bit mashed!?

“Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.” - Lewis Carroll 1865.

yeah we found a great chill out cafe that sold fab Irish coffees and carrot cake with squashy settees :)

Yes it is great that place. Also helped me with a nice brew early one morning with the hangover from hell. Always make sure I visit there at least a couple of times each festival

“Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.” - Lewis Carroll 1865.

Ok, I'm hoping that's in reference to the fact that I asked that question cos if that's an example of a riddle you need to answer to get in then I've got no chance!

Edited by MoilyX

Ok, I'm hoping that's in reference to the fact that I asked that question cos if that's an example of a riddle you need to answer to get in then I've got no chance!

“When I used to read fairy-tales, I fancied that kind of thing never happened, and now here I am in the middle of one!” - Lewis Carroll 1865.

471.JPG

Is the Greenpeace tunnel people are talking about?

that's an old image

from our own gallery (http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2013/galleries.shtml?b=all&z=1) - it looks like this now:

Glastonbury2013-AroundTheSite-JMW21.JPG

There were noises in it one year, recordings of the ambient sounds on a delay from earlier in the day, this year had lights in the roof, see above

Edited by 5co77ie

A few years back (I assume 2011 the year U2 headlined) a couple of friends in my group found a U2 themed Karaoke bar with weird puppets. They would give you sun glasses and you'd go round the back of a little stage, put your head through the hole so it looked like you were Bono and the Edge and you sang U2 based Karaoke.

269408_766096292592_7004265_n.jpg

I assume this was only for 2011 but some other version of this should be there every year.

it was the year before the year U2 didn't headline, it's actually the 'Irish Bar'

One of the best thing's I ever found was a small caravan up in the Craft Field. This man had set up a small black and white television and video recorder and was playing old Doctor Who videos all weekend. My favourite tv show at my favourite place. Perfect :)

ahhh the place with the doors! That was wonderful

I couldnt answer whatever they asked me. A combination of being steaming drunk and slightly hard of hearing on the side the rabbitman was speaking to. I just stood their with a vacant expression on my face but they let me through anyway

I couldnt answer whatever they asked me. A combination of being steaming drunk and slightly hard of hearing on the side the rabbitman was speaking to. I just stood their with a vacant expression on my face but they let me through anyway

Yeah, I reckon that'll be my angle. Look bemused and hope for the best!

Yeah, I reckon that'll be my angle. Look bemused and hope for the best!

Or maybe say something like "Let me answer your question with another question" and come up with some strange puzzle for the so called rabbitman and hope he'll let you in on the basis that neither of you can answer each others questions.

Or maybe say something like "Let me answer your question with another question" and come up with some strange puzzle for the so called rabbitman and hope he'll let you in on the basis that neither of you can answer each others questions.

That would require me being sufficiently compos mentis as to remember a riddle to throw back at him/her! I'll write it on my arm and see if that'll work...

Think we've found all the main ones. The Underground Piano bar was closed last year when we spotted it on Sunday and I've never been in the "secret" part of The Rabbit Hole but tbh it doesn't really interest me that much as it's hardly a secret anymore.