Hidden Glastonbury

dimus

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these hidden places any good though? Or is it just the exclusivity thing that people find appealing?

Depends what's happening in there sometimes you want to stay for an hour sometimes after five minutes you wanna go somewhere else, much the same as any other small part of glastonbury but it all adds to the overall amazing experience.

Has anybody ever managed to find the hidden grotto?

WVa6sff.jpg

I've only managed to find it once and that was completely by accident.

AqiEhI2.jpg

goodness nose what's behind that small door at the back? some magic artifact perhaps? or the ticket making goblins?!

What! I didn't even know it existed!

A few years back (I assume 2011 the year U2 headlined) a couple of friends in my group found a U2 themed Karaoke bar with weird puppets. They would give you sun glasses and you'd go round the back of a little stage, put your head through the hole so it looked like you were Bono and the Edge and you sang U2 based Karaoke.

269408_766096292592_7004265_n.jpg

I assume this was only for 2011 but some other version of this should be there every year.

This bar was awesome!!! Sign outside said welcome to the church of the blessed Bono. Whenever i hear Where The Streets Have No Name i think of people in this bar behind that little stage singing along :-)

• 1 month later...

That's all the tunnel is. A little shortcut. Nice to tick off the list but nothing out of the ordinary.

You've found it :/)

I found the Piano Bar too. Bit of an anti-climax as it was far too full to really enjoy/appreciate. Not sure about the use of the word "underground" either! It's an interesting thing to have it tucked away though and would have been great if it was a bit quieter when I arrived (late Friday night).

Edited by kidpresentable

Went to the Piano Bar on the Sunday night at about 2 in the morning. Was absolutely nuts in there. Worth the 45 minute queue and was the highlight of the festival for me.

Found the tunnel as well. Ye, it is literally just a tunnel but I've been going for seven years now and had absolutely no idea it was there until this year.

There seemed to be an enormous amount of "places to be" with queues. The scene was not unlike the queues round the block of some club in Essex or Liverpool ;)

Was a good thing all in all though, as it otherwise drew people away from other stuff. Felt rather happy to walk past the enormous queue for the ribbon tower to get the same view from the hill behind it...

Had a horrible experience at the Piano Bar on Sunday night that put me right off it. The bouncer guy claimed they wanted more women inside, grabbed my friend by the arm and tried to drag her to the front, despite her clearly physically and verbally protesting. We had to go and stop him and then just left.

I know its not as "hidden" as it was a few years ago but managed to go down the rabbit hole this year after the 8th time of asking.

was there pretty early on Fridays as nothing really stood out for me so basically walked (crawled) straight in.

Came out after a few hours and the que was massive.

thats one ticked off the list....piano bar next year

I found the (Water) Stone Dragon for the first time this year. Made my festival discovering it. Went back a couple of times to show friends,

Snap. My fifth time of going and actually remembered this time to find it! T'other half didn't even know about it and this was her twelfth Glastonbury. Also walked through the (not hidden) tunnel and finally went up the ribbon tower after waiting for the best part of an hour but now ticked off the list too.

Edited by cdm22

Went in search of the Piano Bar this year, went up around the tipis by stone circle and asked a steward and she basically told us it's a myth so we gave up and tried to find the burrows for the rabbit hole and failed at that too.

Went in search of the Piano Bar this year, went up around the tipis by stone circle and asked a steward and she basically told us it's a myth so we gave up and tried to find the burrows for the rabbit hole and failed at that too.

It's not a myth, it's over the bridge by the stone dragon. Some of the music in there is cool but as i said before, some of the guys that run the place have left a bad taste in my mouth.

• 6 months later...

The underground rabbit hole you are talking about exist, i was there 2014 and managed to cut the que by a rabbit in a hat sucking my finger.. It wasn't the people i was with it was just the rabbit picked me.. I saw some very secret acts on the Thursday but after Thursday it tends to get very busy as words spread around and every one knows about it.. Still on the hunt for secret piano stage

I'm sure there was another tunnel near the stone one, just not as well made. I haven't found it since, but I'm certain it exists!

Is that grotto real? I've never heard of it either!

I think there is another tunnel, but that's probably not the one you're thinking of, as it's staff only. The stone tunnel has received some cladding over the last few years, not sure when, but I think sometime in the noughties. I remember in being different in 2000 to now, plus it's been mentioned on here.