Secret resales

Funkyfairy!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna be keeping an eye out for the further resales for some friends who sadly missed out today. May even go so far as to finally join twitter!

Here's hoping they're not all coach only tickets...

I just joined, Wasn't nearly as painful as I thought and as long as you keep telling yourself its for a really really good reason then its kinda ok.....kinda.

if anyone has a linux device, i have a shell script written which checks and alerts me via e-mail within a minute. i work a job when i'm almost always at my PC, which helps A LOT. i didn't know about the secret resales last year and was at my computer one lunchtime last year and an e-mail came through - couldn't believe it, tickets were on-sale again!

if there's any interest i would be happy to pass this script along.

alternatively, if someone wants to set up an e-mail mailing list, i could have my script send it an e-mail which would in turn forward on to any address within that group.

do mailing lists exist these days? i'm pretty sure gmail can do this.

happy to help here guys. the only thing is you will get false alarms. so long as you don't mind that, shall we do this?

I'm happy to set up something, would have to be on my work e-mail so I can set up a rule to automaticly forward it on. Can I PM you my address and then if people want to PM me their addresses I'll create an group e-mail

i think i can actually do it from my gmail, let me check it out.

I can do it but the forward does rely on me having outlook opened at the time which is about 90% of the time so if you can do it straight from a gmail account that would be more reliable.

I just joined, Wasn't nearly as painful as I thought and as long as you keep telling yourself its for a really really good reason then its kinda ok.....kinda.

I used to be responsible for my work twitter, but I haven't given in yet personally. I know how addictive it can become....

Hi all would like to share my method as i already have a ticket but needed 3 this morning for friends and family and succeeded at 0901.

Any mac haters please stop reading as this will be no use.

I have a 6mb top speed here and use 'namebench' which searches for the fastest DNS server

https://code.google.com/p/namebench/

I need as fast as i can i have a lot of uploading to do for business.

I always use Firefox and had 1 tab open refreshing using cmd+r from 0858 and got through immediately making sure i had a word doc with all my details to copy and paste which was a tip from here.

Did try the chrome with auto fresh but didn't get through, i tried last week with the coaches and got through too late.

Now all this is not very helpful with folk who missed out but having lots of tabs open could be a problem ?

Who knows but i wish you all luck and if any secret sales come my way will be sure to help anyone out.

Peace and light

After also being unsuccessful for three friends this morning, I will be on the lookout for these 'secret resales.'

If anyone hears anything then it would be great if you could let me know as well.

My Twitter is @AdeleHayter

Thank youuuu!

P.S. It's great to see the Glastonbury spirit in these forums! Keep it up x

I'm gonna be keeping an eye out for the further resales for some friends who sadly missed out today. May even go so far as to finally join twitter!

Here's hoping they're not all coach only tickets...

Last year mine was Wednesday 8th May, the only page-follow-tool I spotted at the time had a cost so I joined an fb group where someone was subscribing, but I'm sure the twitter option already suggested is more swift.

I had to get coach tickets from London, but even though we live north of Bristol it actually wasn't too bad. We just set off early that day on a train and then headed across to the o2. Given the alternative of having my first fallow year it was vastly preferred and also better than the earlier resale where I'd only seen Edinburgh and Glasgow coaches.

I would appreciate being added to any groups looking for re sales, we missed out this morning, some tickets still elude our group.

Any help with alerts will be greatly appreciated from the fabulously tekkie gifted efesters.

@moheetoes on twatter

hi guys

have the script running via gmail with a forwarding list. reply here with your mail addresses and i'll add you in.

you'll get an e-mail from google which you need to confirm via the authorisation link.

but i'll re-iterate, you will get the occasional false alarm (ie. when registration closes again etc).

Edited by majormajormajor

hi guys

have the script running via gmail with a forwarding list. reply here with your mail addresses and i'll add you in.

you'll get a confirmation e-mail from gmail to confirm you want to be forwarded mail.

but i'll re-iterate, you will get false alarms (ie. when registration closes again etc).

Hello all!

Yes, I've also been one of the unlucky ones yesterday who tried to get a ticket. It was an awful feeling when you're actually on the purchasing page and having submitted it, to only be told that "you've taken too long" and so my transaction couldn't be processed!! Arrrr!

So, I do recommend signing up on Twitter and too for alerts and going on the smiling system.

Thanks Major for doing this. :-)

Please could you add me on your mailing list. My email is: deepa.wadher@gmail.com

Love and peace xx