Secret resales

Funkyfairy!

There were a couple of secret super quick resales last year, did anyone on here get successful in getting a ticket in one of those (I think I remember one person who had a nightmare and was finally successful in a second resale)

When do you think they may be ?

Desperate for 4 tickets for friends, but am out of the country for a week from 2nd May ... So won't be back around until 11th to try

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was me, rather public breakdown when I messed up the first one.

I will post here what happened last year with the secret sales, it's a good idea to have one thread like this for all info.

On the GF website after the resale they put up a post saying "there will be limited resales of tickets after May 6th (bank holiday Monday) but these will not be announced"

On Tues May 7th at about 1pm, limited coach departures went on sale for about 15 mins.

On Wed May 8th at about 1pm, limited departures (but some that hadn't been offered the day before) went on sale for about 15 minutes).

It was quick but very few appeared to be trying so if you got word it was on in time you went straight through the booking process no hassle/ time outs/ re-directs etc.

We got ours that day so I am less sure of the details that followed but afaik the same thing happened at around 1pm on the thurs and/or the Fri too.

Around the end of May it went live again either once or twice, very limited tickets.

All these sales were highlighted on twitter and on here once people saw them..

You need to follow the pages so you get a notification the second they go on sale.

I use www.followthatpage.com

and

www.changedetect.com

Put every conceivable URL that is posted anywhere here and elsewhere in as a page to follow. (Though the main link is the likely one but cover your options)

If they do post like last year giving you an indication of when to start looking, keep connected as much as possible from that date,(I basically sat at my computer from 7am on the Monday until the Wed sale but I was able to do so). Ask anyone else in your house to help when you are out etc (I had a son on standby for my toilet breaks).

Leave the main page open whenever you are online/connected and give it a refresh whenever you can in case it opens.

Ask friends to follow pages, check here and twitter etc for you for word it's live.

Last year some kind souls offered to PM if the page went live, stonecircle (a true star) alerted me both times for example.

I have all possible pages on track and am still trying for friends, so PM me if you want me to let you know if I see/hear anything.

It;s hard work and requires a lot of commitment to be on when it goes live but it's doable if you really really really want them. I messed up on the Tues and was devastated and about to give up but luckily I didn't and got them the next day.

Follow that page is good but only checks for updates every 10 minutes so might be sold out in that time.

Twitter is the way forward ;)

Agree but it's a case of having as many options covered as possible to maximise chances, the determined who try everything will have a better chance. I think everyone (or nearly everyone) here who was trying for the secret re sales got them so it does work.

. After all that twitter notice could come from someone who just happen to try a sale page refresh but equally it could have come from someone who got a notification.

No problem, putting it here is probably better than PMing anyway as (hopefully) others will be doing alert lists too and they can add you from here.
I have added the PMs so far anyway and out you in too andyraine
(despite the slighty dodgy username)
NFR NFC
Edited by storm

No problem, putting it here is probably better than PMing anyway as (hopefully) others will be doing alert lists too and they can add you from here.
I have added the PMs so far anyway and out you in too andyraine
(despite the slighty dodgy username)
NFR NFC

Haha cheers fella

I guess any tiny resales will be after the final refund date which is what....May 9th? Would be worth looking out for camper van tickets too in those sales I reckon.

If I remember correctly they only offered coach tickets from select destinations. I do recall London and Bristol being the first up?? So best way is that you will be able and willing to travel somewhere to get the coach.

Make sure you follow efestivals, Glastonbury official and every other Glastonbury related account just in case.

I got 2 tickets on 8 May. I happened to be on twitter when Efests tweeted and got through to the ticket page extremely easily. I got London one-way on the Thursday but I remember there being quite a few destinations for both Wednesday and Thursday.

Having cocked it up for my daughter and a mate any help greatfully appreciated!

Have even joined twatter

@smudgersmith64

Can someone give me a quick guide as to how I now have to use it? I've followed Glastonbury festivals but that's it. Do i need to follow anyone else and will I get notifications automatically if Glastonbury tweet there are tickets?

Ta x

Having cocked it up for my daughter and a mate any help greatfully appreciated!

Have even joined twatter

@smudgersmith64

Can someone give me a quick guide as to how I now have to use it? I've followed Glastonbury festivals but that's it. Do i need to follow anyone else and will I get notifications automatically if Glastonbury tweet there are tickets?

Ta x

To get text message notification every time a certain twitter account tweets is a good way forward. Set it up for the Glasto official and efests. To do this, go to the twitter profile of the account you want notifications for and click the star, just under their profile pic. This turns on notifications for that account. Edited by Leggins

I luckily managed to get my friend a coach ticket roughly 30 days before the festival, I remember tweeting SeeTickets asking to put us out of our misery if there would or wouldn't be any more sales, about three days later they tweeted me back about 10/11am saying they were on sale.

Follow see coaches as they often tweet as and when they've just put some on sale, also google chrome do a page monitor and you can adjust how often it refreshes, it makes an alarm sound when there's changed detected on the page, it's well worth trying to keep your eyes out, although appreciate it's difficult when you have to work.

To get text message notification every time a certain twitter account tweets is a good way forward. Set it up for the Glasto official and efests. To do this, go to the twitter profile of the account you want notifications for and click the star, just under their profile pic. This turns on notifications for that account.

All done

Thanks for that.x

Was it just coach tickets in the late resales last year or were there any non coach options ?

I think they were all coach tickets. Originally it was just Thursday (from London anyway), but then Wednesday tickets got released the next day.

Was it just coach tickets in the late resales last year or were there any non coach options ?

may 7th and 8th were coach only.

Limited departures: London, Norwich, Glasgow and Edinburgh were ones I remember that were definetly there, maybe Coventry and Truro and there were others too.

there were others and more departure times for London in the May 8th one than the day before.

I think all the sales after that were coach too but not 100% sure

as I said before there was an announcement after the re sales that secret sales would be after May 6th and I think May 5th was the refund date last year. So I would say people are right to be thinking about the days immediately after the refund date of this year

I just found this previous post of mine about how I got tickets last year. It appears I actually started trying immediately after the resale, at least a week before the announced date for the secret sales not on that date as I thought.

We started in early Sept finding out who was going, making sure everyone had registered, knew costs/ dates etc. Late Sept we shared reg numbers etc. Sale day up at 7.30am, trawling efestivals, links to go, details ready to copy and paste etc. 4 computers of different types/operating systems going, 2 or 3 phones, sat for hours pressing F5 with one person getting to the first booking page.

Checked after the sale how people got tickets, read every tip thread etc.

The next couple of weeks trawling TOS, efestivals to finding out when the resale was.

Buying a new computer because my old one was so slow and I thought it might help. (tbf I needed a new one but didn't really have the money to buy one and probably would have left it for a while)

early April rechecking who was going, amending booking order on each person's sheet, getting new people registered etc.

Middle of april shared reg numbers etc.

21st April up at 7am, on efestivals looking for links, pages open ready to go, same amount of computers and phones. One person got to the second page. PMing people here with details, even posting them online. Trying any and every departure and day.

When they sold out, back onto efestivals trawling again for any info on if that was it. Reading everything and copying any link given for sales.

Finding page alert websites and adding every single link. Using 3 different page alert websites to maximise notifications. Asking people here to PM/email me if they got an alert (thanks again stonecircle)

Going onto FB and twitter for the first time ever to make sure I didn't miss anything and trawling for info

Computer on 24/7, checking here, TOS, FB, Twitter, from 7am until 2am at night every single day.

checking email within seconds of it signalling a new email incase it was an alert.

Following at least 5 false alerts a day.

Finding more links and putting them on alert.

having links to the still open booking pages even though the second page just went to sold out but still putting in details at least 3 times a day.

Spending a whole bank holiday weekend not more than 2 metres from the computer, trying links, details etc eventhough this was still before the actual week it was announced the tickets would be sold.

borrowing a laptop so son could do his exam work and not clog up my computer or have me throwing him off every few minutes to check emails etc

getting alerts and texts on the Tues, thinking I'd bought tickets when I hadn't.

being devasted and sick to the stomach all day Tues and up all night still clicking in case.

getting alerts and texts on the Wed, getting in and finally getting my tickets.

So yes you could say I got lucky but man did I make that luck through perseverance and basically by checking out of life from 21st April until 8th may.

I am no stranger to the resales, we've been there before but this year was the first year we still didn't get through usually the resale is still hard but easier than the original sale. However this year they announced the Stones before the resale and I think there were a proportion of people who didn't want to go, have never wanted to go but saw it as a cheap (or similar price to Hyde park) Rolling Stones ticket and they made the resale as difficult as the original sale.

if anyone has a linux device, i have a shell script written which checks and alerts me via e-mail within a minute. i work a job when i'm almost always at my PC, which helps A LOT. i didn't know about the secret resales last year and was at my computer one lunchtime last year and an e-mail came through - couldn't believe it, tickets were on-sale again!

if there's any interest i would be happy to pass this script along.

alternatively, if someone wants to set up an e-mail mailing list, i could have my script send it an e-mail which would in turn forward on to any address within that group.

do mailing lists exist these days? i'm pretty sure gmail can do this.

happy to help here guys. the only thing is you will get occasional false alarms whenever the page changes at all. so long as you don't mind that, shall we do this?

Edited by majormajormajor