Single parents meet up?

ejj

I got coach tickets tonight, what a relief after misisng out in the previous 2 sales back in October and worrying like crazy for months about whether we will actually be able to go this year!

So... this will be my 11th Glasto in a row, and my 8 year old daughters 4th, so we know the site well etc - but this is the first time I will be going alone, as a single parent - on my own (its not very long story, but I can't be bothered with it!)

Are there any other single parents, or just people perhaps, out there who would like to meet up? I know I will be fine on my own, but it would be really nice to have some friendly adult chat from time to time around the site, and perhaps make some new friends for the kids??

Sorry if there is another thread addressing this, I couldn't find one, but if there is, please feel free to point me in that direction

HAPPY I GOT A GLASTO TICKET DAY x

Hi, as you know Glasto, and are camping (from having gone for coach tickets), you could strike up friendships from those camping round you. There are also about 2-4 eFest type meets going on, which you could come along to on each evening, which are in various threads here, as some other (single) parents are coming along. We are adults, but maybe not mature ;-)

If you buy an eFestivals t-shirt off here, that must a good conversation starter too.

I'd offer to meet up, (you can PM me beforehand if you like), but I don't know where I'll be as I generally wander all the time, and I won't have kids with me, so no-one to meet your daughter. Also, my main moan with my parent peers is about Capital and the dross children nowadays watch on TV, compared to 'in my day', so that may not be your thing, ha ha.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Deborah, I was wondering the same and found your post! I'll be staying in Wicket Ground with my four year old.

Hi, we'll be in Wicket too. Me, mrs gumby and our 2 1/2 year old, (although he's about the size of an average 4 year old!). See you there! :)

hi we will be in wicket ground too. me wifey 2 year old 8 year old and 11 year old

First time we have ever been not geting there till thursday afternoon hopefully there will be space left

No problem. Have a look at this aerial photo.

http://glastomap.com

It was taken on Thursday morning last year. Wicket is probably the quietest field in the whole site, you'll have no difficulty finding space :)