Coach packages - Do you have to take the coach?

Guest urchindujour

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I came by couch I was back in the coach park earlier than I needed to be and got on an earlier coach as quite a few people hadn't turned up.

My neighbours are trying for tickets in the re-sale and if they're successful, I'll be sniffing round for a lift home, especially as my return coach is 7:30am.

You can just buy a single ticket on the coach to get you on site. Then make your way home with friends or under your own steam. That's what I've got anyway

I've got a 6am coach to catch which is giving me nightmares I'm going to over sleep and miss it, so do hope there is a back up system for getting your ticket if you miss the coach

After losing my ticket once inside in 2010, making it impossible to get to our camper, I had to go up and down the hill of death a few times, just to wait and speak to someone and then repeat, I'd not risk the possibility of turning up without a ticket BEFORE I'd even been inside.

That said, I did get double wrist-banded, which made passing in and out a dream.

halfway through the rolling stones my friend realised she'd lost her ticket. she was in a campervan so needed it to get in and out. i directed her to the farmhouse and she was back with double wristbands before the encores.

it's all luck with stuff like lost tickets and missing coaches. you might get faffed around, never find the person you need and it take hours if it's sorted at all. or it might be really simple. it's a roll of the dice.

I tried to get round it last year by emailing See Tickets a load of bull S*** about having an urgent hospital appointment to try and get out of going on the coach because I didn't really want to, and they had none of it. they said under no circumstances can you not travel on the coach. They said the only thing I could do was collect my tickets on the gate but they couldn't guarantee entry so obviously I went with the coach and in the end I was glad I did - it was fun and easier / less stressful than driving. hope that helps x

You can just buy a single ticket on the coach to get you on site. Then make your way home with friends or under your own steam. That's what I've got anyway

I've got a 6am coach to catch which is giving me nightmares I'm going to over sleep and miss it, so do hope there is a back up system for getting your ticket if you miss the coach

I will give you my experience from last year..

7 of us were supposed to be travelling down from York on the See coaches.

4 of the lads had to attend a funeral on the morning, so the lead booker left the funeral early and got the bus with us.

The other 3 lads drove down later hoping to follow us, and maybe pick him up at a service station once he had the tickets.

The 2 lead bookers got the envelopes with all the tickets and nothing was said about the 3 who were not on the bus.

Now we got them after the last scheduled stop so had to go to the gate and the lead booker met the other 3 at one of the gates and a good time was had by all.

I personally thought the trip down on the coach was ok, ours was a bit dull, most used the time to get some kip. But would do it again if I had to.

We however had a lift home sorted so didn't get on the coach back so I cant say what that was like..

Hope this helps or at least clarifies something for anyone wondering?

Now each coach driver may be different and ask to see ID etc but this was our experience..

I was just thinking about this yesterday: what happens if you miss your coach. I need to get the coach and fully intend to having paid for it but since mine goes at 8am (not 6am granted) and will have to contend with London traffic, I have a mild amount of panic about missing it, especially if it's at the O2.

Would love to know what happens to your ticket if you miss it! I mean, technically it is yours.

Somewhat related question - does anyone know if there is going to be dedicated See parking at the O2 this year? There definitely was last year (although I didn't use it), I want to use it this year but can't find any info. Might bother SeeTickets about it if no one has heard.

our experience last year.

5 of us booked on the 8am coach out of London, driver checked and ticked off each person in our booking on his clip board as we boarded, not just the lead booker.

Coach left about 8.25am. Coach stopped at services but the driver told us he intended to stop again near the site and hand out the tickets. as he had been told to do by Seetickets.

We had been delayed so I asked him to do it at the services to save time. After asking other drivers he agreed but waited until everyone had re-boarded and he closed the doors (no chance to get off and into a waiting car say). It would have been hard to get our tickets if we hadn't travelled.

Friend on 10am coach out of London, driver checked lead booker only as they boarded and gave the lead booker all the tickets there and then. Didn't stop at services and drove non stop to the site. Ample opportunity to have not travelled and collect tickets from lead booker at site and even maybe get off at the O2 before they left. But no meet at the services and bugger off option.

So what I am saying is it could happen you would get away with not being on the coach but it's not a given as the above shows.

Edited by storm

My experience was the same as Storm, but we didn't stop at the services (4am coach, everyone was asleep anyway), we got our tickets as we were pretty close to the site and in a bit of traffic.One thing I did want to add was that when we were boarding, you could see a few people clearly pleading with the coach drivers as they were dealing with people's luggage and checking everyone off as they got on the coach to let them have tickets. It was pretty awkward and I felt bad for the coach drivers to be put in that position.

To arrive at the coach park with really no intention of getting on the coach or expecting to be let out at a service station with your tickets, you really are going to have to be prepared to ask the coach driver to break the rules for you and face the repercussions. By all means beg and plead with SeeTickets, but putting the coach drivers in an awkward position seems wrong to me.

Technically it isn't. The Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you bought the ticket was that you have to travel on that coach. If you don't, they don't have to give you the ticket.

Not to say that if you had a genuine reason, they won't help. In terms of London traffic etc, if there's a big accident, it's likely a large number of people will be late for the coach, and they'll probably just leave a bit later. You could also call See, and maybe they'll take your ticket off that coach and try and fit you on a later one with a spare ticket. But I'd definitely take that approach, rather than let your ticket be driven up to the festival, then try and sort it.

But legally, in terms of 'it's my ticket' - it's not. You don't have a leg to stand on.

If I buy at ticket to go and see the new X-Men film at 6pm, and oversleep and miss it, I can't just turn up and go into a later screening because technically I bought a ticket. It's the same thing, you're not buying a coach and a ticket separately, you're buying entry contingent on travelling a given way.

Last year we had an email exchange with See as due to late problems we couldn't all get the coach. They advised letter to non-lead booker giving permission to issue the tix to another of the party. We sent 2 others with the letter and printout of email on the coach. All went smoothly. Lead booker got ticket on site from the others.

Awaiting school response, but may have to do the same this time. Different party, different reason, but going to be v difficult to get all of us on the coach I think.