Coach packages - Do you have to take the coach?

Guest urchindujour

Apologies if this has been asked before elsewhere but as the resale is tonight, I though people (myself included) might want this information.

If I was to buy a coach ticket, would I have to take the coach that comes with it?

Friends of mine have informed me that you pick up the ticket on the coach but I wondered if anybody had successfully arranged to have the ticket posted by see instead? Just finding out how wide my search can be as I am desperate to get a ticket.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers and good luck tonight if you are trying.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you have to get the coach. The festival is committed to providing green travel options and therefore a % of tickets are only available as part of a coach package.

In theory you have to get on the coach and you get given the ticket at the end of the journey.

In practice I've heard of people getting to the coach stop, showing their ID and taking the tickets off the coach at that point, but I wouldn't want to risk my weekend on it.

Thanks for the responses guys. I understand that getting the coach forms part of the commitment to green travel but considering how desperate people are to get tickets, it's not an overly green method if you have to travel far afield just to get a coach back. Incentives promoting green travel would be a better idea imo.

But hey ho... I'll limit my searches to the surrounding area only.

Cheers

Thanks for the responses guys. I understand that getting the coach forms part of the commitment to green travel but considering how desperate people are to get tickets, it's not an overly green method if you have to travel far afield just to get a coach back. Incentives promoting green travel would be a better idea imo.

But hey ho... I'll limit my searches to the surrounding area only.

Cheers

There were some stories last year of folk having to get plane tickets to the other end of the country to get the coach back again, but that's missing the point really. The point is that the vast majority of coach users will be travelling from a point near them and that it's getting more and more people used to the idea of coach travel.

That said, after my first year of going coach, I've driven every year since :lol: (for my sins)

Edited by UEF

There's already a number of incentives to promote green travel.

The coaches are a part of that, but they're also about lessening the amount of traffic in the festival area.

People do travel far and wide to get on a coach, and I'm sure the fest is trying it's best to put the right number of coaches in the most relevant places.

But you can't go blaming the festival for the non-greenness of people travelling far and wide to get the coaches. It's not the festival causing those people to do that, it's those people's own choices. It's wise personal decisions that create 'green', not insisting on a 'right' to be a consumer. ;)

Sorry I should have been more specific... I am in Bristol and say I purchased a coach from Liverpool... I'd have to get there (leaving a hefty carbon footprint), then travel back in the same direction to get to the festival.

That said I understand that by doing so I am completely missing the point... I just really want a ticket. My first unsuccessful sale in October and I was distraught!! I know I'm not the only one.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Out of curiosity, can anyone who's travelled by coach tell us whether there's a lot more space on the return coaches? I'd imagine everyone who travelled out of their way just to get the coach to get them into the festival would be tempted not to bother getting the coach back and just take a more direct train or get a lift instead.

Edited by kalifire

Last time I came by couch I was back in the coach park earlier than I needed to be and got on an earlier coach as quite a few people hadn't turned up.

My neighbours are trying for tickets in the re-sale and if they're successful, I'll be sniffing round for a lift home, especially as my return coach is 7:30am.

I was under the impression that Glastonbury were doing it in a way that should prevent too many people travelling too far to get a coach. This year they're putting on coaches depending on demand, aren't they? So if only 2 coach loads of people want to go from Glasgow for example, there will be only 2 coaches, instead of selling enough for 4 coaches.

I was under the impression that Glastonbury were doing it in a way that should prevent too many people travelling too far to get a coach. This year they're putting on coaches depending on demand, aren't they? So if only 2 coach loads of people want to go from Glasgow for example, there will be only 2 coaches, instead of selling enough for 4 coaches.

Edited by storm

Apologies if this has been asked before elsewhere but as the resale is tonight, I though people (myself included) might want this information.

If I was to buy a coach ticket, would I have to take the coach that comes with it?

Friends of mine have informed me that you pick up the ticket on the coach but I wondered if anybody had successfully arranged to have the ticket posted by see instead? Just finding out how wide my search can be as I am desperate to get a ticket.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers and good luck tonight if you are trying.