coach packages from London - can you choose departure time?

Guest tabby2

Having a dilemma over whether to try for a coach package or wait until the Sunday main sale. I normally go by coach anyway, but I like the flexibility of being able to choose departure day/time later, and also Victoria is a lot more convenient for me than the O2. [Why on earth do they have the coaches departing from the wrong side of London?!]

Anyway - my friend is unable to get Thursday off work, so she would need to get a coach leaving late afternoon/evening. However it is unclear from the website whether you can choose your departure time, or whether they just allocate you one at random. There are lots of departures from London - from 4am to 6pm by the look of it. If we got allocated one leaving in the morning it would be a problem.

I've never got a coach package before; could anyone shed any light on this??

There is also the extra problem that I would prefer to go on Weds, but you have to both be on the same coach, so if we buy the tickets separately we risk only one of us getting them.

But then if we didn't try and were unlucky on Sunday I would be gutted.... argghhh... decisions...