A new Prince thread!

Guest mattyc1965

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“We are still hesitating about the second night headliner at the moment,” Michael added.

“Two or three bands are capable of it. We are trying to get confirmation of the band of our choice.”

http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/news/somerset_news/11162996.FEATURE__Michael_Eavis_talks_Glastonbury_Festival/?ref=var_0

hmmmmm.... :sclerosis:

“We are still hesitating about the second night headliner at the moment,” Michael added.

“Two or three bands are capable of it. We are trying to get confirmation of the band of our choice.”

http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/news/somerset_news/11162996.FEATURE__Michael_Eavis_talks_Glastonbury_Festival/?ref=var_0

Emily told me that Michael was the one that had made the decision for who should headline in the absence of Prince .... so I'm guessing that Michael wants to rawk. :P

Anyway, from those words it seems pretty clear that Prince hasn't got back to them (cos there'd be no hesitation), but also that Metallica might be reluctant to headline.

Ha ha, it is all part of a very elaborate ploy...... everyone is in on it, Sonishpere, Metallica everyone (except us and Neil of course!).

Sonisphere ticket folks saying No comment all part of it!!

Yes, I am bored and will for 30 seconds believe anything - I predict a riot!

xD:sarcastic::pogranichnik::prankster::ninja:

if Glasto want to drop something into the press, they have to make a choice over who they'll feed the info.

Given that it's very likely that there's closer top-level connections between Glasto and Q than there is anything else (because of their past official relationship), why wouldn't it be Q?

What did this Q article say again?

very little.

Just that Metallica would play the other stage, and Kasabian would headline, in a very short unattributed sentence or two in the front pages that have news-y bits.

I've had endless discussions around it with a few of my sources, with someone telling me endlessly that it had to be a Glasto-planted story, and me refusing to put that much faith in it. With hindsight, I'm having trouble believing that I was quite so dumb. :P

very little.

Just that Metallica would play the other stage, and Kasabian would headline, in a very short unattributed sentence or two in the front pages that have news-y bits.

I've had endless discussions around it with a few of my sources, with someone telling me endlessly that it had to be a Glasto-planted story, and me refusing to put that much faith in it. With hindsight, I'm having trouble believing that I was quite so dumb. :P

I'd assume that's what he means. The article, and Neil, were referring to Kasabian headlining one day, and Metallica headlining Other on another, both of which Neil has been saying for a while.

Thinking about headliners though, it's fairly interesting at the moment since there's one headliner who was booked to sub (Kasabian), one who was wanted to headline Other (Metallica) and another act on the bill who were considered to headline supposedly (Elbow), while Metallica still might be shafted late on.

It's probably definitely not interesting, only to me as a boring individual, and happens every year.