Could The Libertines play?

Guest kidsfears

Rumours coming from the ever reliable NME state they will play a Hyde Park reunion in July... Could they play a secret set somewhere?

A band I loved when I was younger and never got to see... would love to see them, but not sure how strong their set would be after all this time.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much doubt it , the NME isn't a good news source.

They were brilliant at the Forum in 2010 but Reading & Leeds was a bit hit or miss, Glasto could be amazing but not if its a half-hearted cash in. And this is coming from a massive Libs fan.

the rumours have all come from their facebook page posting a picture of Hyde Park, so if not true, it's a bit of a weird thing for them to do. what else could a picture of Hyde Park mean other than a show there?!

they won't do Glasto though. if they reform, it's all about the money

Edited by FloorFiller

As much as I like them I can't think of much worse than seeing them doing a cash in gig at Hyde Park. Would be strange timing with Carl pushing his new band though.

If they did a smallish gig at Glasto it would be wonderful though.

Edited by coma girl

There were some rumours a few weeks ago that the Libs were going to be playing this summer, so I'm quite hopeful - particularly with the recent facebook post and yesterdays simple 'Albion???' post as well as the official page for the reunion becoming a sponsored post over the weekend.

I'd give anything to see them again, the Rhythm Factory reunion in 2009 remains one of my all-time top gig memories.