Goldfrapp

Guest ghandi

I am really looking forward to seeing Goldfrapp, i just hope they are not on the Sunday night, headline anywhere else on friday and Saturday and i am there, but a clash with Massive Attack would be a nightmare! I saw the live gig at Somerset house below and Wow she is amazing, what a voice. Whilst Tales of us is a very melodic ballad album it harps back to Felt mountain, really good.

http://youtu.be/ZbCfW8fkLdk

1. Encore:
This is the set list from the tour which as you would think has 7 songs from " tales are us" , sadly no " Pilots" or " Human" or " Crystalized green", but depending on what slot they are and how long they have we might get some older stuff, though the other 10 tracks are the other albums.

This is the set list from the tour which as you would think has 7 songs from " tales are us" , sadly no " Pilots" or " Human" or " Crystalized green", but depending on what slot they are and how long they have we might get some older stuff, though the other 10 tracks are the other albums.

I really enjoyed the latest Goldfrapp album but if they were to headline a stage I highly doubt I'd see them. My Friday and Saturday night are likely to be spent at the Pyramid and I'm not really sure if the set Goldfrapp would be likely to do is the sort of set I'd like to end my weekend with.

Hoping they play a lower slot!

Edited by Andeeroo

subbing Other or headlining John Peel is where i can see them (although they could fit in to any of the main stages, really.) obviously they'd be better headlining a stage (even if it is the John Peel) but for selfish reasons i'd like them to sub Other / be somewhere else other than a headline spot

Edited by FloorFiller

I think the stage they play should reflect what they intend top play, in an ideal world

If they play the heaver, sexier, electro stuff from earlier albums then subbing the Other would be ideal, like when they played in 2004

However they are unlikely to do this (although will still play the likes of Utopia, Strict Machine and Lovely Head) - they will be playing their much slower, less electronic stuff from the new album,. which needs to be played in a dark, more intimate, place. Saying that I think subbing a tent (Acoustic or JP) would still work, because tents are quite dark at any time of day, and with a bit of smoke and lighting, it would still be a great atmosphere to perform the newer stuff

The afternnom Pyramid slot they did last time did not really work, wrong stage, wrong time of day

Agreed I wouldn't really want to see them on the Pyramid, too big and too light if early, especially with the new album. Has to be a dark setting, I would like the Park, I have not seen a headline act there before.