iTunes Festival 2014

dentalplan

I severly doubt you will get in by going for the standby queue for Kasabian, that gig will be one of the biggest and most popular, they massively oversubscribe tickets due to no-shows and many people who win tickets will show up.

I tried today to get in to see Beck and it was rammed

not one person in the standby queue got in even those queueing hours on end!

They even turned away at least 100 people with winning tickets and loads with tickets missed the start.

If that was a Tuesday night for Beck imagine what Kasabian on a friday night would be like!

Seriously do not bother!

I have been to some before for a not as popular act (Jake Bugg) and didnt take long to join standby queue to get in, another year stood in standby queue for hours for Arctic Monkeys and no one got in plus hundreds of comp winners.

Some people got in on the Beck reserve queue, because I had two tickets and only myself using them so an itunes guy got someone out of the reserve queue to come in with me. They are the only ones I've won this year though, and that was through yPlan. I'm hoping I can get in on the reserve queue for Placebo.

No idea, iTunes must like me. Been multiple times every year since 2011 (only once for The Killers in 2012). 13 nights overall I think. Girlfriend won David Guetta ones in same draw last week so we had 4 between us.

Lineup is really bad this year and wouldn't really pay to see any of the acts i've won so far (David Guetta, Elbow, David Gray and Kylie), but for free i might as well check them out. The only ones i really want this year are the Ben Howard ones.

...and i've got them.

5th set won. Same as last year now.

• Downvote 3

ffs. I'm happy for you and all as it's not your fault but come on iTunes - hardly fair that someone has 6 wins in one year?!

I agree, previously i've only won through competitions (metro etc.) but this year i've won 5/6 of them direct from iTunes.

My girlfriend won the David Guetta ones and the Rudimental ones today in the same draw at the same time. Weird.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Better than nothing, and its free.

I'd never pay to see Kylie, but will be interesting to see such a big act in such a small venue. Same for Justin Timberlake last year.

Bx5nZCFCIAAMHbW.jpg

I wasn't talking about Kylie, i've been trying to win tickets for her myself (and really not the usual thing i'd listen to by any means) but more the David Guetta, Elbow, David Gray and Rudimental tickets also won. Although I do find it funny that my comment has got me my first ever -1! :D