iTunes Festival 2014

dentalplan

I don't think it says anything in the T's & C's about more being allocated to Greater London. Although I don't think putting that I'm a resident of Greater London would harm my chances and will probably do that from now on.

I said "should"....I don't think it happens currently, but it should :P

TYPICAL LONDON ATTITUDE

How did you know it was today, aha?

I like knowing when they are, to avoid the depression of seeing some bellend winning tickets to Kasabian (and moaning about it), and then getting all excited, checking my emails and seeing a big, fat nothing... SO I could at least check before people start moaning (but fair play to people who win and enjoy the band- My mate won Kasabian tickets today and he likes them)

I read the Terms and Conditions as I'm the same. :P

Next one is two weeks today then after that it's a week before each event. There are usually draws by Metro and other partners along the way too. I imagine more acts will be announced in the next week or so too.

Edited by dentalplan

I saw a girl on my Facebook today post, and I quote:

"What the fuck?! I wanted 5SOS tickets - why have they given me tickets to some band called Beck?! Why do they think people want to see them when 5SOS are on a few nights later?! Stupid Apple."

Nope, I only applied through iTunes. I didn't realise anyone else did them.

I think you're the one that told me there were comps on Metro. In fact I'm absolutely certain you won through Metro,

Here's hoping as I'm also planning on going into that standby queue - when Beck's in town, it'd be rude not to go up ;)

:(

Edited by dentalplan

I think you're the one that told me there were comps on Metro. In fact I'm absolutely certain you won through Metro,

Hmm maybe. I can't really remember, I thought I only found out about Metro afterwards.

I'll check the email.

EDIT: It was with Metro :banghead:

Edited by MattDavies__

I won tickets on August 22 last year (I remember that date because I passed my driving test too :P) which wasn't a date in the T&C's. So yeah iTunes have their own random ones too.

i won tickets for justin timberlake on the 19th of august :P was that a date in the t&c?

It wouldn't surprise me if they allocate a percentage to London IPs unofficially

That wouldn't surprise me either - more chance of people being bothered to attend if they get tickets to a band they don't know, etc.

I saw a girl on my Facebook today post, and I quote:

"What the fuck?! I wanted 5SOS tickets - why have they given me tickets to some band called Beck?! Why do they think people want to see them when 5SOS are on a few nights later?! Stupid Apple."

I see she managed to read the entry form then :P...I can't remember but is the form Alphabetical? I can see alot of people just checking the first one and not bothering with therest :lol:

I won 7 times last year (Lumineers, Rizzle Kicks, Jake Bugg, Jack Johnson (x2), Tinie Tempah & Justin Timerlake)

Once in 2012 for The Killers

And twice in 2011 (White Lies & The Wombats)

Out of those 9 times I've only once won directly from iTunes entries.

Edited by A13

Just the one.

Last year was pretty ridiculous though.

Fingers crossed for this year again though.

How did you win seven times when it's restricted to five wins per email? :P

Also, shame you didn't win tickets for anything good ;)

Edited by MattDavies__