Pre Glastonbury weekend

Guest Funkyfairy!

It's our yearly get together today to plan the weekend pre festival

We collect the camper van from Taunton on the Saturday morning before ,and then plan to head somewhere for a few days before heating onto site on Tuesdays. Last year was woolacombe in Devon and we had a great time

Can anyone give us ideas of where to head and maybe campsites

We want to fine somewhere :-

Within 2/3 hours of Taunton and the same /less back to Glastonbury

Hopefully by the sea

A town/village that's not full of chain pubs/restaurants - McDonald's/Starbucks etc

Campsite needs to be within 30 mins walk of village/ town so we can park up the van for 3 days /unpack and not keep taking it out and can walk everywhere

Woolacombe and mortehow were perfect last year - struggling to find anywhere with a good campsite nearby that's got a similar vibe - originally looking at Jurassic Coast but struggling with good campsites walking distance to towns

Thank you v much

Croyde bay near Barnstaple is beautiful in North Devon. It's not far from Woolocombe bay but it absolutely stunning. Stayed at Ruda which is a Parkdean site which has everything you need as a holiday maker. The beach is a minutes walk away from the camping area and the village about 2 minutes walk. This is one of my favorite parts of the world.

Another good one is Freshwater Bay near Bridport in Dorset. Lovely place with good facilities and a nice way to have the calm before the storm. I prefer Ruda out of the 2 but if you want Jurassic and want to go Fossil hunting then its a good spot. Hope this helps.

Edited by adjwholovesmusic

Bloody hell, I was going to recommend exactly the same place! We stayed at Ruda last year in our caravan with this kids last year, enjoyed it so much we booked to go there again in August! It has asuperb beach, ideal to try surfing, is only a couple of minutes walk from the beach, nice facilities, great swimming pool and nice restaurant. Also only ten minutes walk from a nice village with a few really nice pubs, very kids friendly. Only a 5 minutes drive to Woolacombe so may be e bit to near where you stayed last year. The place has a really nice vibe - family friendly surf dude vibe!

dingbat 2, Ruda is a great place. We had a weeks holiday there a couple of years ago. Each summer we look to go back but it just hasn't happened for one reason or another. Your right the beach is great and the village is lovely to. If you fancy trying somewhere new Freshwater bay is great for families. We had a brilliant holiday there last summer. Facilities probably shade Ruda but the location of Croyde is just lovely. Very, very chilled indeed.

dingbat 2, Ruda is a great place. We had a weeks holiday there a couple of years ago. Each summer we look to go back but it just hasn't happened for one reason or another. Your right the beach is great and the village is lovely to. If you fancy trying somewhere new Freshwater bay is great for families. We had a brilliant holiday there last summer. Facilities probably shade Ruda but the location of Croyde is just lovely. Very, very chilled indeed.

Croyde bay near Barnstaple is beautiful in North Devon. It's not far from Woolocombe bay but it absolutely stunning. Stayed at Ruda which is a Parkdean site which has everything you need as a holiday maker. The beach is a minutes walk away from the camping area and the village about 2 minutes walk. This is one of my favorite parts of the world.

Another good one is Freshwater Bay near Bridport in Dorset. Lovely place with good facilities and a nice way to have the calm before the storm. I prefer Ruda out of the 2 but if you want Jurassic and want to go Fossil hunting then its a good spot. Hope this helps.

have camped at a little campsite in Porlock before, cracking little site just off the main street with a couple of local pubs which have had live bands on a couple of times I have been there. You will get families there but its nothing like your clubhouse & swimming pool campsite with annoying kids everywhere.

We have booked for Ludram bay near to sidmouth . Ruda looks brilliant, and in a perfect position and that same weekend goldcoast ocean fest is on as well... With sports and music ... We were very tempted but had a good talk to ourselves that the weekend before we wanted to relax and chill, not add on another few days standing in a field with cider ... Plus the campsite was super busy and didn't even know if we could get in

Next year (ticket dependant for Glastonbury) could be ruda or port lock - loving the idea of a live music pub or two close to the campsite :-)

The Stonehenge summer solstice thing is always on the weekend before Glasto, remember. I've always wanted to go but could never quite bring myself to drive almost the same distance to the same place for 2 weeks running (and I thought it would adversely affect my energy levels for the festival!)