for those not going Glastonbury this year/don't get tickets- what's your alternative?

Guest sunnydaysblue

Doesn't look like I'll be trying for Glastonbury this year in the resale as the line up is pretty poor so far and my group are all dropping out as they all have babies or they are on the way.

If you don't get tickets next week or have decided not to go what will you do instead? Another festival? A holiday? I'm going to go Parklife to see London Grammar, Bicep and Disclosure. I'm also going to get tickets for Coldplay, Paolo Nutini (or go V to see him as his new album is beautiful) and also if Royksopp and Lana do tours this year I'll be going

(The accidental lower case f in the title is p*ssing me off)

Edited by sunnydaysblue

Doesn't look like I'll be trying for Glastonbury this year in the resale as the line up is pretty poor so far and my group are all dropping out as they all have babies or they are on the way.

If you don't get tickets next week or have decided not to go what will you do instead? Another festival? A holiday? I'm going to go Parklife to see London Grammar, Bicep and Disclosure. I'm also going to get tickets for Coldplay, Paolo Nutini (or go V to see him as his new album is beautiful) and also if Royksopp and Lana do tours this year I'll be going

If I didn't have tickets I would go on holiday out the country to avoid the coverage and depression of missing out. Probably motorhome round Italy drinking wine eating pizza, actually that's pretty close to my Glastonbury experience anyway :swoon:

I didn't go last year, done some other little festivals, had a couple of gigs on the weekend of Glastonbury, its not end of the world, there are loads of really cool little festivals out there to enjoy. Had a few weeks in Brazil too - I spent my time wisely.. Plus when you do go back to Glastonbury, you'll appreciate it even more. I am going again this year and on top of my normal excitement levels, I am buzzing as I missed a year...

I'm waiting to see if we get tickets in the resale - if not, considering Green Man or Kendall calling.

Our options are restricted by holidays, work commitments for me and mates - usual stuff. would have liked to try latitude but dates not working out.

Going straight into 2 week family holiday after Glasto - quite ambitious as my wife always says that I am hell to live with the week after Glasto and lets me come back to life in time - usually so wrecked, it takes a bit of time to get back to normal.

I have already booked to go to three other festivals this year, so going to Glastonbury is actually pushing my festival attendance to more per year than I normally would commit to go to. I'm not sure what I'll do at the time if I don't get tickets in the resale, but will probably avoid watching it on telly so as not to piss myself off more than is necessary.

im going to Glastonbury this year it's my 1st.. but also at the end of August i'll be heading to Electric Picnic in Ireland...

It'll be my 3rd year at this festival and even though i have no doubt Glastonbury is bigger and better i still couldn't face missing it.

they bill it as Irelands answer to Glastonbury in terms of atmosphere i have never experienced anything as friendly and i have been to another 5-6 festivals.

It only holds 35,000 and has a great feel to it. I would recommend having a look at it to anyone

Bestival was my infill festival in 2012 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. In many ways there were little nods to Glastonbury here and there, thanks to the creative vision of Rob and Josie da Bank. Not as chilled and friendly an atmosphere as Glastonbury but not many are in my experience.

This year's Bestival lineup is impressive once again and if I didn't have a ticket I would probably give it another go.

Bitch of a journey there and back though.

I got Kendal calling tickets, not too far a journey and nice relaxed atmosphere. Still might try for the resale but that would really be pushing our budget, especially as we got Kate Bush tickets as well. Might just settle for the BBC and the garden but I am missing it already.

I got Kendal calling tickets, not too far a journey and nice relaxed atmosphere. Still might try for the resale but that would really be pushing our budget, especially as we got Kate Bush tickets as well. Might just settle for the BBC and the garden but I am missing it already.

if i didnt have tix for glasto i think id go to beautiful days and bearded theory i reckon :beach::beach:

heres a great little festi for you its my sons and its his 3rd year and call me old fashioned but im real proud of him .............https://www.facebook.com/onthe.busparty.7?fref=ts