Coldplay announce special shows London 1st July,

Guest tinktink

Hmmmm...

Royal Albert Hall very likely to sell out quickly, it fits with the 'no more than three UK dates' rule too. But only three years since they last did it!

I like to think that this is mere coincidence, but if there was ever an act who were going to say yes at the last minute and be seen as a somewhat 'adequate' replacement for Prince...

Some of y'all are way too paranoid for your own good.

I'm not a fan but at least they got good reviews in 2011, from what I understand they were the best of the bunch that year in terms of actual show, I would never watch them but it's not something I have to worry about because they aren't playing.

Their web site says they are not appearing at glastonbury in the questions and answers section, which would leave only a secret set option really, and they are probably a bit too popular for that as Glasto wanted to reduce the popular act secret sets due to safety concerns of large crowds trying to get into small areas, unless they opened the other stage or something....

My guy wants to go to this as he absolutely loves Coldplay, but I'm really not interested. He's going to try to get tickets but it's a right trek to London and it's the day after we get back from Glastonbury. I really don't fancy it! Plus I'm supposed to be cat sitting when I get home from Glastonbury, not disappearing up the country :P The poor cat!

Elusive? :P

Meh maybe they have had a change of heart and don't think Metellica are popular enough..I supoose. I doubt it though, we've only had one festival since they last played!

Some sort of low key secret set maybe though or opening the Pyramid/Other stage like Beady Eye did.