Want to keep Efestivals alive and online? Might wither and die otherwise.

Guest Sawdusty Surfer

Right.,

Efests obviously costs a fair bit to run. Some people get Gold Membership which costs 18 quid a year and means you don't get the ads. You could do this. Alternatively you could donate something which won't get you Gold Membership but will get you a nice warm glow inside, knowing you are keeping Efests alive.

Mr Efests, for whatever reason has decided to hide his DONATE button in the middle of nowhere, behind a bush. After a little bit of help (couldn't find it on my own) I have managed to locate the button. It is here, at the bottom of the page.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/shop

Why not bung a quid in? Takes a few seconds. You do have the option for it to be more than a quid :)

Please don't turn this thread into an argument as it is not here for that,and as it isn't a sticky maybe bump it occasionally.

Sawdust and Peace x

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, i'm obviously super-dumb because i still cant see a "donate" button or suchlike anywhere.

/user/35895-jamesontheverge/" title="">jamesontheverge - please guide me to the light here please bro !

found it ! done it ! risking wrath now, but....

I donate a small amount to Wikipedia ever month, automatically. It eases my conscience as I'm on it daily looking up bands, discographies, band histories etc...

Is there a way of making PayPal pay a website automatically every month ? I think with Wikipedia your "allowing" them to take the money from PayPal rather than PayPal sending it to the site.

I'm 100% definitely not aiming this question at Neil to be very clear (waaay too scared!) I just wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to set up a regular payment from PayPal to a website like E-Festivals ?

If I have to remember to do it manually, i'll only forget !

Yeah, I know, say what you will - I'm looking for a "set and forget" option to balance out my karma in lieu of a gold membership.

Maybe karma balancing requires more effort than that, but hey, what can you do ?!

Spread your karma over 12 monthly instalments ?

Right.,

Efests obviously costs a fair bit to run. Some people get Gold Membership which costs 18 quid a year and means you don't get the ads. You could do this. Alternatively you could donate something which won't get you Gold Membership but will get you a nice warm glow inside, knowing you are keeping Efests alive.

Mr Efests, for whatever reason has decided to hide his DONATE button in the middle of nowhere, behind a bush. After a little bit of help (couldn't find it on my own) I have managed to locate the button. It is here, at the bottom of the page.

Why not bung a quid in? Takes a few seconds. You do have the option for it to be more than a quid :)

Please don't turn this thread into an argument as it is not here for that,and as it isn't a sticky maybe bump it occasionally.

Sawdust and Peace x

Right.,

Sawdust and Peace x

I appreciate what you're suggesting James, but I don't want this. If I did, I'd do it myself. This website works as long as people don't take the piss.

This website earns an average of about 0.01p from each visitor it has during a year.

If you buy a ticket via our links, you earn this website at least 1,000 times that amount, and perhaps as much as 10,000 times that amount.

All you need to do is actively support this site when you're buying what you'd buy anyway. You don't need to put your hands in your pockets for anything else.

Edited by eFestivals

I appreciate what you're suggesting James, but I don't want this. If I did, I'd do it myself. This website works as long as people don't take the piss.

This website earns an average of about 0.01p from each visitor it has during a year.

If you buy a ticket via our links, you earn this website at least 1,000 times that amount, and perhaps as much as 10,000 times that amount.

All you need to do is actively support this site when you're buying what you'd buy anyway. You don't need to put your hands in your pockets for anything else.

So if I buy tickets from ticketmaster or see through a link in this site, that means you get commission? If so I will definitely do this from now on for all tickets I buy!

yep - exactly that.

The amount efests gets is dependent on which ticket at what price from which agent (and there's some links we get nothing from), but as a general rule it earns efestivals some wonga.

Does the same work with the link to Amazon? If so, I'll use that from now on.

yep.

Just a question though - the majority of the links to the ticket sites have efestivals as an affiliate but there doesn't seem to be one for the Ticketline link? I might be missing something but I can't see it in the URL - only mention it because I tend to use this site the most for gig tickets.

Ticketline have a different technical way of recording transactions made via here, but we still earn via them (tho not so much).

From the point of view of what works best for efests, See Tickets, Eventim (you'll see many more of these in the near future), and Ticketmaster are the ones i'd prefer you bought from first if that's an option.