Blackheath Common Festival

zahidf

definitely a shame about the pricing. really don't know who the audience is for this one, if its family-orientated as the 'other stuff to do; cooking shows, family activities, etc.,' suggests, then the price is ridiculous as a family of four are looking at over £400 for two non-camping days. if it's for the music-loving gig goer then over £60 is very high for FT and MA.

I am stand offish about this event because of it's marketing which is basically - "the only festival called OnBlackheath that's held on Blackheath, and the first time ever a festival has been called OnBlackheath - making it a world festival exclusive."

I'm guessing some more 'bigish' acts are going to be announced for this if they expect it to sell well/not get cancelled?

I could just about justify £63 for a London day festival headlined by Massive Attack with a strong undercard, but Frank Turner? They'd have to pay me a lot more than £63 to endure that twat.

Standon Calling is in Hertfordshire & Sonisphere is in Knebworth, both of which are very close to London & appear, at the moment to be much better value than On Blackheath.

It's only around £100 for a weekend ticket to Standon Calling & It's £75 for a day ticket for Sonisphere and as well as Frank Turner you get Deftones, Slayer, Iron Maiden etc (not everybody's cup of tea granted, but big named bands that put the pricing into perspective nevertheless.)

Whichever way they try to justify it, Frank Turner is not an act that should/could be headlining a £63 day ticket event. I mean that's roughly the same price you'd pay to see Stevie Wonder at Clapham Calling or Black Sabbath supported by Faith No More & Soundgarden in Hyde Park. :banghead:

It needs one hell of an undercard to shift tickets. Frank turner fans will tell you he sold out the o2 in February.

I'd counter with the fact the upper tier was closed off. If you base his popularity in London on that at less than 30 quid a ticket this has no chance.

I just can't see where they are going get a good enough undercard to justify the price if those are the prices? You'd have to have acts of at least the same underneath them. (Especiallly the Frank Turner day, you could maybe have slightly bigger/same size "indie" act under Massive Attack.)

Will be intresting to see how this one goes anyway!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was going to go to this as it's quite close to my house but those prices!!

Of course £63 is miniscule to the residents of Blackheath, but would any of the people living there be interested in any of these acts? I doubt it. Blackheath is full of "old money". It is not a vibrant wealthy part of london at all. It's full of old fogies and inherited wealth: an utter fucking dull shithole full of c**ts in otherwords.

The levellers playing a festival in one of the wealthiest parts of london sponsored by john lewis is pretty amusing though.

• 1 month later...