EE festival Power bar

Lexbank

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or if you don't want to have to visit their stall every so often to swap Power Bars, buy an Archos battery pack for £30ish, and that'll keep your phone topped up for the whole weekend.

Weirdo! :sarcastic:

Got one of these myself actually but don't tell anyone ffs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc%C2%AE-12000mAh-Portable-Charger-External/dp/B008YRG5JQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397560735&sr=8-1&keywords=easyacc

Nobody is going to freak out over the concept - it's just a lower powered, more expensive version of what many people already use.

For 20 quid you can buy a 6,000mah+ battery pack which is more than enough for most people.

Or better yet a handful of spare batteries from eBay.

I've got one of those portable charger pack things, it's great. It did a couple of our phones for the whole festival last year, just plug it in while you are sleeping.

I'd advise against that, unless the charger pack is clever enough to switch itself off when your phone's at 100%. Best to charge it in the morning after waking up.

It's a nice idea, or you could just take a cheap old mobile that doesn't need to be recharged and focus on the festival while you're there, rather than your phone.

It is useful to have a smartphone on you. I don't tend to look at it while I'm out and about at festivals, but it's great for killing time in the mornings before anything's started to happen and your mates haven't woken up yet.

I'd advise against that, unless the charger pack is clever enough to switch itself off when your phone's at 100%. Best to charge it in the morning after waking up.

The one i linked too does turn itself off after fully charging

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc%C2%AE-12000mAh-Portable-Charger-External/dp/B008YRG5JQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397560735&sr=8-1&keywords=easyacc

I'd put it on charge at night and then chuck it in my rucksack just in case in the day.

Easily does 5 days and that includes charging others phones (occasionally!!)

Does anyone know the battery rating is of these power bars? It looks like one of those cheapo ones the traders were all flogging for a few quid.

They advertise 6 hours talk time - so it'll be very little. Less than a full charge for most phones.

Does anyone know the battery rating is of these power bars? It looks like one of those cheapo ones the traders were all flogging for a few quid.

This x 1000, if the amp output isn't decent, you may as well put a turd in your pocket

I got one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0073F92OK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does 4-5 full charges of an iPhone, charges as quick as a socket at home, only £20 at the moment

Thats mental, I didnt even know you could get them. I take my iphone, not to use as a phone or check anything other than the secret set rumours in the morning, but as a very good quality, hassle free and very small camera. I'd only need like two charges

In all fairness you've only got to look at it to see it's capacity is going to be very limited but its certainly a better option for the people who queue up and then wait for there phones to charge.

I'd guess you're going to need to exchange these daily and will still need to queue to exchange for a short while