Resale Next Week

Guest seamonkey

Who'd have thought it! I think I would have broken down in tears had IE worked for me!

I can't see the use of multiple tabs being beneficial, having done it in previous years. All of my tabs worked at once if I got through, which surely suggests it doesn't matter how many tabs you use?

Multiple browsers on the other hand is a different story.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who'd have thought it! I think I would have broken down in tears had IE worked for me!

I can't see the use of multiple tabs being beneficial, having done it in previous years. All of my tabs worked at once if I got through, which surely suggests it doesn't matter how many tabs you use?

Multiple browsers on the other hand is a different story.

How many people had multiple tabs open and processed a ticket sale successfully? I ask, because it failed for me, with no error message repeatedly, until I closed the additional tabs and refreshed the ticket page.

I got through using my work laptop only using IE on VPN. Basically as that's all that's on it.

My home pc with three browsers never got a sniff.

Go figure

This is what happened to me during the main sale :

I booked coach tickets yesterday and had two firefox tabs open. i got the enter registration details on both tabs. the system kept crashing after each stage so i pressed the back button and resubmitted the information. i had entered the same registration number in each browser. when i finally got right to the end on one of browsers and submitted the bank details it came back with a warning message saying that i had multiple browser tabs and should close the other tabs. i shut everything else down and pressed the back key and resubmitted, but still got the warning.

In the end i had to shut everything down and start again. luckily i got through again after ten more minutes. I didn't set privacy settings.

This is what happened to me during the main sale :

I booked coach tickets yesterday and had two firefox tabs open. i got the enter registration details on both tabs. the system kept crashing after each stage so i pressed the back button and resubmitted the information. i had entered the same registration number in each browser. when i finally got right to the end on one of browsers and submitted the bank details it came back with a warning message saying that i had multiple browser tabs and should close the other tabs. i shut everything else down and pressed the back key and resubmitted, but still got the warning.

In the end i had to shut everything down and start again. luckily i got through again after ten more minutes. I didn't set privacy settings.

Anyone have an idea of what a backdoor 'hosts' IP might be this year? I still have 194.168.202.202 glastonbury.seetickets.com commented out in my hosts file - if one were to be used, would it be the same or different?