Resale Next Week

Guest seamonkey

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) buy a ticket

2) don't not buy a ticket

Only real tip I can offer is have all your reg numbers and postcodes in a spreadsheet, and CHECK THEM (using the online editing facility)... if it lets you log in to see details then they work, if it doesn't then the reg number, postcode or both is wrong. People are terrible at conveying this information accurately, I find, and Glasto's sale process doesn't accept "close enough".

I'm trying for some friends I really want to go, so definitely feeling some nerves myself!

The general advice I believe is to have as many devices spread over as many internet connections as possible, with (debatably) as many tabs open , refreshing as often as possible haha.

I've got tickets before from being signed in on to these forums during the sale and picking up on any other good advice people may have like the tricks that sometimes luckily appear (the see tickets server issue for the 2013 tickets comes to mind).

If you don't manage to get tickets next week, all is not lost, there will be smaller resales, announced quite suddenly on random week days. Keep checking this forum and follow certain twitter pages (like the Efests one) for updates. I know some people recommend setting up some sort of twitter update, although I have no idea how to do that.

We've got two groups of 4 to try for, good point about checking the regs beforehand! I hope we get lucky, it would be a shame if some of our group had to miss out this year.

Edited by jeffie

If you're desperate enough to go, I highly recommend trying the coach resale, mainly because I found it so easy to get through in the coach main sale (I bought someone else a ticket, not my own). More people want to drive and are likely to try the Sunday resale. If you fail in the coach one, you've still got the Sunday one to go, but if you fail in the Sunday one without trying in the Thursday sale, you'll be kicking yourself!

Just be prepared, we had all our reg details out for 2013's resale, we had two bank cards with enough money on to buy 3 tickets (it meant moving money around between us but it was just another precaution in case on card got declined) and we got other people helping us.

Good luck!

Ready and nervous. We're going to be trying both days. Hopefully get a decent coach if we get through there. Although, we'd be coming from victoria, which i suspect will be one of the more popular departure locations. less likely to be tickets thrown back into the pot from there i'd have thought.

Ready and nervous. We're going to be trying both days. Hopefully get a decent coach if we get through there. Although, we'd be coming from victoria, which i suspect will be one of the more popular departure locations. less likely to be tickets thrown back into the pot from there i'd have thought.

Edited by seamonkey

Question for fellow techies here - if you enter your details and get a timeout/503 error do you think it's better to refresh or hit back and click the submit button again? During the original sale, I successfully opted for the reload option, after a quick check in Google dev tools confirmed that there hadn't been some sort of redirect that would prevent my data from being rePOSTed. The sale went through and I was very happy. I must admit I'm not 100% on the possible behaviours of the back button, but as it's not always instant, I've assumed that some server contact was involved, even if the page is ultimately served from the cache.

So my real question is this - is it safe to advise people to hit refresh rather than back + resubmit, or could this be potentially ticket losing is some circumstances?

Question for fellow techies here - if you enter your details and get a timeout/503 error do you think it's better to refresh or hit back and click the submit button again? During the original sale, I successfully opted for the reload option, after a quick check in Google dev tools confirmed that there hadn't been some sort of redirect that would prevent my data from being rePOSTed. The sale went through and I was very happy. I must admit I'm not 100% on the possible behaviours of the back button, but as it's not always instant, I've assumed that some server contact was involved, even if the page is ultimately served from the cache.

So my real question is this - is it safe to advise people to hit refresh rather than back + resubmit, or could this be potentially ticket losing is some circumstances?