Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, windy_miller said:

Who were the random people who got killed off?  Where did they come from?

Aye each of them seemed to come out of absolutely nowhere specifically so that they could be killed. They were probably there in the background the entire time but I sure as hell didn't notice them and the show didn't make a very good point of making their presence known. Every time somebody died I was thinking 'OH SHIT THEY GOT SOMEBOD... oh no wait it's another redshirt'. 

Next week's episode is just under 80 minutes long. Expecting some big deaths to come here at least, and unlike this weeks fairly predictable zombie battle I have zero idea how things are gonna go down with Cersei (and I'm definitely expecting some shit to go down (Cleganebowl, Cleganebowl, Cleganebowl, Cleganebowl!)

3 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

Plus the Arya / Sansa thing has been boiling for a couple of episodes....that's a long time given this series time lines!  Must come to a head - I can see one of them biting it - Littlefinger getting it, seems too obvious.

I'm convinced Arya's gonna take Littlefinger's face and trick Sansa somehow

6 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

Plus the Arya / Sansa thing has been boiling for a couple of episodes....that's a long time given this series time lines!  Must come to a head - I can see one of them biting it - Littlefinger getting it, seems too obvious.

3 hours ago, Dan R said:

I'm convinced Arya's gonna take Littlefinger's face and trick Sansa somehow

Director of episode 9 & 10 weirdly suggests that one of them is gonna die in the next episode, or at least that he made it seem that way in the last episode. Not sure if he's just fucking with people or just really shite at keeping stuff secret.

http://www.nme.com/news/tv/game-of-thrones-season-7-finale-violent-surprising-2127716

Tbh I was more inclined to think it was a ploy from Arya to get to Littlefinger. God I can't wait for that guy to die. Him and Qyburn are top of my 'kill' list.

On 21/08/2017 at 1:19 PM, FloorFiller said:

There's suspending disbelief and then there's just poor storytelling. The dragon being dragged out of the water wrapped in chains (that came from?!) by a bunch of the undead who half an hour earlier wouldn't go anywhere near the water is a big oversight imo, and a bunch of other stuff in this episode just didn't add up. 

I assumed the white walkers control the whites so bend them to their will so would get them in the water when they Want, no need in the battle. The chains any goul or thing with any respect carries chains to rattle : ) .

Also when the night King touched bran does that mean he can also see lots of things now, hence chains and it seemed only 3 spears which I thought was big headed, bet the others hate him.

Cersai to be turned into the night queen. 

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

I assumed the white walkers control the whites so bend them to their will so would get them in the water when they Want, no need in the battle. The chains any goul or thing with any respect carries chains to rattle : ) .

Also when the night King touched bran does that mean he can also see lots of things now, hence chains and it seemed only 3 spears which I thought was big headed, bet the others hate him.

Cersai to be turned into the night queen. 

Yeah you could be right. Tbh I'm sure a lot of this episodes gaping plotholes could be explained pretty well and only seem so gaping through them squeezing so much in to the episode with no room for explanation or reason. Seen a theory on Benjin being sent there by Bran/the three eyed raven which makes far more sense than him just galloping to the rescue, as well as a few other things. Lowering the episode count was a real bad idea - this episode would've taken two, even three episodes in previous seasons, and deserved such treatment. More things of interest happened here than in the entire first half of season 5, for example. 

To be honest this week, I'd have loved to have just seen The Hound and co just talk amongst themselves as they set off on their task for the entirety of this weeks episode. Loved it though despite the fact that Westeros seems to have shrunk to the size of Wirral for this series.  

Yep very satisfied with that. Big cliffhanger ending, back to the betrayal and deceit of the earlier seasons and a lot of shit going down that I didn't see coming (and some stuff that I expected that didn't go down).

These final 6 episodes are gonna have to be non stop shit going down. No more fucking around. 

Also YASS FUCK YOU LITTLEFINGER! Not the satisfying head caved in death I wanted for him, but good enough. 

Just watched it, hell yeah that was a satisfying episode and season. Only part that I thought was cack was Theon taking an enormous beating, then one hit knocks down a guy twice his size and he stayed down, he would have just threw Theon off him went he got on top and started hitting him. Then all them lot support him, the guy who died had no close allies who would have gave Theon shit also, or kicked him off, whole scene was a load of balls. Rest of the episode was great. 

Not sure why they had Tyrion concerned outside the door Dani/Jon shagging though. He and Jon have no ill feeling so what does he care, I thought it would have been Jorah outside the door instead.

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Not sure why they had Tyrion concerned outside the door Dani/Jon shagging though. He and Jon have no ill feeling so what does he care, I thought it would have been Jorah outside the door instead.

I suspect the reason for his disquiet has yet to be revealed.  You have to wonder what was said, what was agreed which convinced Cersei to return to the talks.  I think he has agreed something that this would upset such as a joining of houses through marriage after the war, which would be the kind of thing Tywin would have done and has also been foreshadowed frequently (conversation with Daario, conversation about the succession at Dragonstone).  My money says he had agreed to marry her off to Jaime (with Cersei fulfilling her promise to Euron) or even himself.  Even if she never intended to keep any agreement at the talks she would at least have given him reason to believe that she would.

12 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I suspect the reason for his disquiet has yet to be revealed.  You have to wonder what was said, what was agreed which convinced Cersei to return to the talks.  I think he has agreed something that this would upset such as a joining of houses through marriage after the war, which would be the kind of thing Tywin would have done and has also been foreshadowed frequently (conversation with Daario, conversation about the succession at Dragonstone).  My money says he had agreed to marry her off to Jaime (with Cersei fulfilling her promise to Euron) or even himself.  Even if she never intended to keep any agreement at the talks she would at least have given him reason to believe that she would.

What? Tyrion agreed to marry Daenerys and Jamie or himself? Madness. 

So there we are now. I have to admit I enjoyed that a fair bunch

Was Cersi about to have Tyrion killed? Was she about to have Jamie killed? Was Sansa about to try Arya? Very tense stuff in those scenes. Really enjoyed them

So looks like Clegane Bowl will happen, but we have to wait till next season. Oh well........The Hound and Brienne smiling together was a wrm fuzzy moment

It looked as if Thormund a Beric would be killed in the episode but as we did not see it on screen it looks as if they are OK? Surely Thormund gets an oppurtunity to flirt again with Brienne. 

Littlefinger getting done over by those pesky kids was very enjoyable, but he will be missed. His scheming was such a major part of the whole show and one of the most enjoyable aspects of it all

So it actually looks as if Cersi is really duffed! I assumed it was bull to keep Jamie on side. But she was quick to rid herself of him to stew in her ever growing rage. She is defo going to be the "mad queen" (if not already). The fact that she says she doesnt care about making the world a better place and allows Jamie to leave highlights this. Her unborn baby will probably end up doing her in, but, which ever way she goes id say it will be late on next season and it should be very satisfying for the viewer.

Jon Snow is now Aegon Targaryan...........thats going to be a fair bit for him to take in when he finds out and the realization that he boned (and most likely impregnated) his aunt should be a bit of a head fuck for him. As for Tyrions look as the two new lovers got it on id say he is just concerned that this may complicate the potential new future if they are to succeed as he is looking to form some for of democracy and this action could result in the formation of a ruling royal family and the wheel is not really broken......im not thinking he has made any deal with Cersi off camera even though we did not see the end of the conversation.

In the back of my mind I was surprised that no one "we loved" was killed off this season as we always think "no one is safe" but most folk are doing pretty well surviving till the last season. I do feel next season will be carnage and I have a suspicion that most if not all major characters will die in the war. I just feel GRR will want to do it a little different than the happy ending with a ribbon on top.