Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it again in HD. What an episode. So many pieces all falling in to place. And with that dragon attack, is that all of Cersei's armies now gone leaving her totally open for an attack of her own? Seems like this series may draw an end to the 'human'/throne wars entirely and next season will be all about the white walkers (not that that wasn't always the most likely way it'd go).

Edited by FloorFiller

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Watched it again in HD. What an episode. So many pieces all falling in to place. And with that dragon attack, is that all of Cersei's armies now gone leaving her totally open for an attack of her own? Seems like this series may draw an end to the 'human'/throne wars entirely and next season will be all about the white walkers (not that that wasn't always the most likely way it'd go).

Certainly seems thats the way it is going. But I don't think all of Cersei's army is gone. This looked like a small part of it as it was stretched out over huge distance.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Certainly seems thats the way it is going. But I don't think all of Cersei's army is gone. This looked like a small part of it as it was stretched out over huge distance.

Totally forgot about this Golden Company that she's seemingly hiring to fight for her so even if Dany has just wiped out her army there's still more to come. Still though, with the zombie army fast approaching it can't be long before the throne war becomes null and void anyway, and I doubt Cersei will be doing any joining forces to fight a common enemy or such.

The gold made it to Kings Landing. Think Lord Tarly said as much. That being the case I think we can assume many of the Highgarden victorious Lanisters have made it back too, no? Tarly was going on about those lagging behind so I assumed the battle was just against the tail end of the army who were responsible for getting the pillaged food to Kings Landing?

Anyway great episode. Favourite quote was Bran telling Little Finger that Chaos is a ladder. The Bran stuff can fall flat but that was kinda cool

Arya is looking nearly as dangerous as a dragon. Slick moves

thought the drawings in the cave and the finding of the dragon glass was handled poorly however 

3 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

thought the drawings in the cave and the finding of the dragon glass was handled poorly however 

The drawings in the cave were ridiculous. "Hey Daenerys, you know how I needed a way to prove to you that the White Walkers exist so you'll help us fight? Well check out these cave drawings I've just stumbled upon!"

And we are to believe that Targaryens have been on Dragonstone since Aegon the Conqueror (hundreds of years prior to the GOT timeline) and not one person entered that cave on a beach!!?? The first thing I do when on a beach and I see a cave is walk into it!! Silly stuff. There is a much easier, simpler and artistically pleasing way to show the finding of the dragon glass and drawings. How no one working on and writing for GOT thought of it is perplexing and surprising TBH 

Weakest episode for me. 

Lets capture a white walker to prove shit to Cersi. Bollox. Hate that as a legitimate plan. 

Jamie and Bronn just resurfacing after what we saw last week and getting away. Bollox. That annoyed me.

Gilly effectively confirming Jon is a legitimate Targaryen and has probably the strongest claim to the throne but no one was listening had me screaming (I did like that however) 

And yeah, that's some bunch of lads heading North. They ain't all coming back one thinks so I wonder who we will loose. A lot of strong characters and favourites there

I also quite enjoyed Littlefinger shit stirring between Sansa and Arya. Was convinced he was brown bread this season but not to sure now. 

Bran would want to get chatting about what he can see and what he has seen to someone important soon! 

Cersi duffed? Not having it. A ploy to keep Jamie on her side me thinks. Really felt he was on the path to go against her. This "news" locks him in to her a bit stronger. 

Mega episode on the horizon next week. Supposed to be a long one too isn't it? 

Many seasons back, when Jaime turned up all stumpy and Cersei wouldn't take him abed she told him it was because he was "too late".  It was my view then that this meant she had gone through the change and further children to extend the line were no longer an option and she'd taken old maggie's curse to have come true (the scene was preceded by Pycelle seeming to offer medical assistance for her troubles).

I'm wondering the bun in the oven exists at all or if this is a ploy to keep Jaime loyal.

For what it's worth I enjoyed the episode.  There was fan service with the Gendry "I thought you might still be rowing" line, Jorah's return (the latest to get into the new all black look that is sweeping the fashion houses of westeros) and poor burned Dickon, the big lug.

11 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Lets capture a white walker to prove shit to Cersi. Bollox. Hate that as a legitimate plan. 

I had to rewind that bit to make sure I was hearing correctly. Maybe in action it will make more sense but in planning it sounds ridiculous, especially that they can just somehow pick one off without the other few thousand not slaying them there and then. Looking forward to seeing how they execute that one. Whilst I'm still enjoying it you can really tell they're not working from the source material anymore.

In reckon the likes of Thoros and Beric will get it.

Obviously Jon is safe and I reckon the Hound is safe too.

Im disappointed that they could not have given us a 5 minute scene last week showing the Brotherhood being captured by Tormund. That could have made for an interesting scene with some good dialog with the Hound and Tormund going at it. Instead we get Jon going "Hey Dany check out this cave and these chalk drawings!" :rolleyes: 

A good episode, but some of the scenes were rushed a bit - the Jaime/Tyrion one and Varys/Tyrion would be have benefited from more time.

Loved them dropping in the clues about Jon being a true blooded Targaryn, but Sam to just talk over it.  Plus the Dragon love-in.

Reckon it'll be Gendry/Beric/Thoros/Jorah that get the chop next week.

Can't believe there's only 2 eps left - over far too quickly!

My money's on Gendry - they have form for bringing characters back only to murder them next episode (Osha for example), and Thoros and/or Berric. 

My favourite exchange last night was between Bronn and Jamie regarding the dragons.

Bronn: You're fucked mate.

Jamie: Don't you mean WE'RE fucked?

Bronn: No I do not.