Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

I liked it even if Eds Head was off putting and that scene showing the monotony and crap nature of Sams day to day was well annoying. The Bran scene was stupidly short I felt also, with no call back. The Hound was on form and I really enjoyed the opening at house Fray. Sansa's balls are seemingly growing a fair bit of hair. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Ed Sheeran was pretty "blink and you'll miss him" so was a bit surprised at all the backlash - he didn't do much and was less wooden than the lad from This Is England...

Really glad to have it back. Make Mondays worth getting up for. 

18 hours ago, bunique said:

I thought Ed Sheeran was pretty "blink and you'll miss him" so was a bit surprised at all the backlash - he didn't do much and was less wooden than the lad from This Is England...

Really glad to have it back. Make Mondays worth getting up for. 

This Is England!!! Been bugging me where I'd seen that other lad before.

Great to sit back on a Monday and watch GoT

What I was expecting I guess as most openers are like it. Really looking forward too it

Very lucky they found a mountain of dragon glass.

Will Cersai become a white walker queen to keep hold of power. I also assume the WW's will raise all dead as they March South, unless Jon Snow does stop them at the wall, which I doubt

I think we need to start thinking about potential complex time loops wrt how this will all end up. I believe the transformation of Wylis to Hordor is a nod to this end. It aint just about fighting for the Throne and fighting the "evil" of the North. Bran's abilities make him the most powerful character in the show and how it all this ends up will revolve around him and his influence (or maybe lack thereof) over time. He may be motivated to try and prevent/stop something which he can not?? as his time path is predetermined and has occurred before??? The stories of GOT may be caught in some infinite loop of time??

I would like to understand more about the White Walkers and what is motivating them. Thus far most have accepted that they are just evil and simply motivated by such, but it could be (must be?)  more complicated than that. Especially considering they were made from the first men by the children of the forest in their fight against men. 

Bran's now "connection" to the Night King is very interesting in this regard.

What is most interesting is Martin saying that the whole saga will end bitter sweet for the fans. He likes to mess with heads, so it aint going to be as simple as Jon, Danny and Tryion beating all in front of them. 

The slow unraveling of all this over the next year or so will be most intriguing 

On 17/07/2017 at 10:10 PM, Hugh Jass said:

That was one long "previously on Game of Thrones". Nowt wrong with that but it's another episode down.

Yep was essentially one big 'this is where these characters are at now' without actually moving the plot along much/at all. Pretty disappointing I thought, but maybe neccassery what with there being so many people in so many different places. Hopefully it'll pick up in a big way next episode.

29 minutes ago, bunique said:

I was thinking it might be the other way around 

Hmm the way I looked at it was that Cersei was very adamant about what she wanted, even when Jamie was logical and said look, we have no allies, it isn't going to work like that etc. I think she will become even more dangerous and power mad and eventually the decision will be made that she has to go and Jamie will be the one to do it, a kind of "I love you but this is for the best. If anyone has to kill you, it has to be me" struggle kind of thing. 

Where the hell did that ship come from?!  Did no one on the fleet spot it?  I know it's called the Silence, but come on!  Looks like a nasty death is on the cards for Ellaria!

Nice bit with Nymeria; walking away almost disappointed in Arya.

As always Tyrion and Varys getting all the best lines!!

A great episode!

Really enjoyed it

That Dany and Varys "chat" was brilliant viewing. 

The Greyworm scene was a bit uncomfortable to watch

The Jorah greyscale treatment even more so. (what a scene cut BTW to that pie!!)

Aryas scenes where probably the weak point IMO

And it looks as if GRR Martin "is Sam" and his poetic title to "the Chronicle of the Wars following the Death of King Robert Baratheon" will be " A Song of Fire and Ice". Last scene of the whole thing next year will be an old Sam played by GRRM closing his finished book.

Sansa will probably do something stupid with her power; most likely as a result of Little Finger making his next move. Looks to me as if they are making Dany more authoritarian. Lady Tyrell telling her to be a dragon may not be wise. Her chat with Jon next week should be very interesting.  

I get the feeling that viewers will be hoping for certain things to happen and certain outcomes to unfold ,but that they will frustratingly be taken away from us just before they have a real chance of occurring. Think we all need to ready ourselves..............

Much better this week. Even though not an awful lot happened for much of the episode, it was all moving the plot along and far more interesting than last weeks scene setting imo. And the fight scene at the end was awesome. Two Sandsnakes down (thank god - they've been the most underwhelming pointless part of the entire show) and finally getting to see just what a threat Euron is. Last week's episode had me worried - now I'm straight back to being mega stoked.

The pace is building nicely and surprises continue to unfold, which is nice.  Some great lines this week; Euron's "What a twat!" and aside to Jaime had me laughing, we got a decent amount of good dialogue from some of my favourite characters including the ever dependable Tyrion.

The only thing that is really getting my goat about this series is that Emelia Clarke seems to be channelling Natalie Portman from the Star wars prequels for her portrayal of being a queen.

Ta - thought it might have been. 

I like that Dany isn't being given an easy ride and is being outwitted. Shows up the limitations of having dragons versus being a scheming git.