Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

I think he got killed Neil.

There's spec over long term survival of Stannis, Jon - even Myrcella - but not H to the Hizdar.

He be dead.

A dumb thing about the contract if so, then.... but I'll see what I can find out ... would you like what I find out posted here, or would that be too much of a spoiiler?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did see him stabbed but not dead, but it was a fairly thorough job, by multiple assailants iirc.

four times, I was told.

you may be confusing it with jon snows "death" which may or may not be the case.

Nope, no confusion. I have personal interest in that specific character (Joel is extended family).

yeah I knew that, just wasn't sure how "close" you were as a family   :)

close enough, just not very switched on about it ... consequently, when someone just dropped in to say hello, it slipped my head to ask and now I'll have to remember to make a phone call when he's driven home. :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

I was talking with my sister about it, and we both thought that compared to most of the horrific things that happen to other people, and for what she had done, being forced to walk naked and shouted at, well, you'd get over it.

Compared to Joffrey?

psychological torture is always worse imo. Forcing a naked woman to walk through a baying mob who thought she was a slut...the fear and humiliation would stay with you for a long time. I was waiting for it all to go horribly wrong.

It was the first time I could find any empathy for the woman. She looked scared, and unsure of herself, for the first time. And therefore human and very vulnerable. She was stripped of a lot more than her clothes.

I have to admit, GOT does usually bring out the worst in me, there are quite a few people I want to see suffer. But I just couldn't summon any glee at her comeuppance.

Edited by feral chile

The Song of Ice and Fire, at it's heart, is an ongoing libel against the greatest house in the kingdom.

The Lannisters, through sheer force of will and a defunct gold mine, held the seven kingdoms together in peace for twenty years despite the incompetence of the Baratheon usurper.

Now the kingdoms are in shit and piss because of uppity northerners who didn't know their place until they were bleeding-out in front of each other, other Baratheons as incompetent as fatso fucksalot, the conspiratorial avarice of a whoremonger and the farmer kings, and a malformed patricidal imp-like creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning. And a baldy gelding who looks like the bloke from the orange Tango ads.

The sooner they regroup, lop the heads off the rival families, and have mass hangings of you traitorous gossips, the better for everyone.

Then everyone in Wessos can once again reunite against the true threat, the French Dornish.

close enough, just not very switched on about it ... consequently, when someone just dropped in to say hello, it slipped my head to ask and now I'll have to remember to make a phone call when he's driven home. :lol:

Can you ask him when/if there's another Plebs too. Always feel a bit dirty saying this cos its on itv2, but I bloody love that show

The Song of Ice and Fire, at it's heart, is an ongoing libel against the greatest house in the kingdom.

The Lannisters, through sheer force of will and a defunct gold mine, held the seven kingdoms together in peace for twenty years despite the incompetence of the Baratheon usurper.

Now the kingdoms are in shit and piss because of uppity northerners who didn't know their place until they were bleeding-out in front of each other, other Baratheons as incompetent as fatso fucksalot, the conspiratorial avarice of a whoremonger and the farmer kings, and a malformed patricidal imp-like creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning. And a baldy gelding who looks like the bloke from the orange Tango ads.

The sooner they regroup, lop the heads off the rival families, and have mass hangings of you traitorous gossips, the better for everyone.

Then everyone in Wessos can once again reunite against the true threat, the French Dornish.

Bad day? Want to talk about it?

Bad day? Want to talk about it?

And another thing, under Grand Moff Tarkin slavery and organised crime, in even the distant outreaches such as Tatooine, would have been eradicated. Ten thousand years of Jedi rule worked out all very well for them but the outer-ring systems were left to chaos.

Yeah I'd think i would pretend the white walkers weren't coming to :P

Head south, wipe out the Dornish, hop over the narrow sea for a couple of years plundering and looting the mediterranean cities, return home when the snows thaw. Several layers of win right there.

:D

Correction, as I see it:  Kit Harrington has said what he would be expected to say regardless of outcome.  If Jon Snow survives in any way and this has not yet been revealed it would be the best kept secret around, if he's dead then Kit gets to use this as a launchpad for his career, if he is resurrected (one way or the other) it's likely to propel him to megastar status if the secret is kept and either way it is in his best interest to stick to the line that he won't return.

And another thing, under Grand Moff Tarkin slavery and organised crime, in even the distant outreaches such as Tatooine, would have been eradicated. Ten thousand years of Jedi rule worked out all very well for them but the outer-ring systems were left to chaos.

There was still slaves on Tatooine around that time :S (And the empire had slaves to, though I guess some of that is not strictly cannon any more :P)

Correction, as I see it:  Kit Harrington has said what he would be expected to say regardless of outcome.  If Jon Snow survives in any way and this has not yet been revealed it would be the best kept secret around, if he's dead then Kit gets to use this as a launchpad for his career, if he is resurrected (one way or the other) it's likely to propel him to megastar status if the secret is kept and either way it is in his best interest to stick to the line that he won't return.

Indeed, how shit would it be if he came out the week after it airs  and said "Err I dunno yet" or "Yeah I am back next season!". The pretense will go on as long as they can keep it!

There was still slaves on Tatooine around that time :S 

They were busy dealing with rebels and rebel support amongst systems. The point is the introduction of the Death Star would keep starsystems in line to let the Empire devote time and resources to introducing order into the universe.

Within 20 years of the Death Star becoming operational (and possibly a few more churned out) they'd have turned The Hutts into lampshades.