Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, it's a load of old tosh really, isn't it? It looks great, obviously loads of money spent on it, but why should anyone care about any of the characters? There's next to nothing to admire in anyone or anything that they do. 

Welcome to history, the morality of noble houses, and the reality of war.

Poncing around in purple lycra catsuits fighting crime at night using the laser-eyes powers you accidentally got from the Mayan ruins during your stint as an NGO worker helping out the indigenous peoples when they got struck by an earthquake this is not.

To be fair, Hollyoaks has a bit more incest =p

This is a cool summary of last nights episode, be warned you will never watch that episode the same again :P

http://imgur.com/a/5jFLz

"Fucking hell mother" :lol: some people have way too much time on their hands!

I was happy when Brienne got to get closure and do the deed with Stannis, even if it all goes wrong for her now she has achieved that.  Stannis as a beaten man was pretty funny as well, it looked to me like his hair had got 3 shades greyer since last week.

But at what cost? She missed the signal that Sansa put.

Anyway I've heard a few people that have said that Stannis, Sansa and Theon aren't dead but I don't believe it. I still think they'll find a way to bring back Jon anyway but no one is in a good situation are they.

The Boltons can't hold the North without a Stark unless they kill half of the people there. Dany has been taken by the Dothraki and I don't think that her claim to Khaleesi is going to work. Arya...well has let revenge get in her way and has to pay the price. The Lannistars are broken and could be start a civil war with Dorne. Tormund is going to be pissed when he hers about Jon's death and the Wildlings could be under threat from the new nights watch. Davos has got no leader anymore and him and Melisandre aren't on good terms anyway. Margaery and Loras Tyrell are still in captivity.

The only group doing well are the White Walkers and Little Finger which I would imagine is all part of his plan.

Theon and Sansa aren't dead, they jumped into deep snow drifts, I'm sure they'll be journeying together next series.  I do like some of the journeying partnerships that have existed in the show, should be interesting as both characters are now almost the opposite of who they were 5 series ago.

Theon and Sansa aren't dead, they jumped into deep snow drifts, I'm sure they'll be journeying together next series.  I do like some of the journeying partnerships that have existed in the show, should be interesting as both characters are now almost the opposite of who they were 5 series ago.

I thought they died, it wasn't clear and I'm not being funny that no matter how deep that snow is they would be dead in the real world or at least break something. But this is a work of fiction so who knows :P

The reason I think that they're dead is that I can see their reasons for killing themselves.

I thought they died, it wasn't clear and I'm not being funny that no matter how deep that snow is they would be dead in the real world or at least break something. But this is a work of fiction so who knows :P

The reason I think that they're dead is that I can see their reasons for killing themselves.

The main reason I doubt they are dead , is because GoT doesn't shy away from a nice bit of gore.

And the dragons, and ghosts, and the white walkers.... they existed in the past?

So your argument would be because a book/show has some fantastic creatures in it at the edges of the world the humans in it cannot act in realistic (that is, abusive, cruel and greedy) way?

blimey! what a series to pick for your family get together.

Weirdly it's something all my family love as well - me at 30, my brothers are 20 and my parents in their early 50s! Even my 82 year old granny has made enquiries about whether she'd enjoy it :lol: