Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good episode, I just feel like we could have had one more in between last week's and this week's to really build up to everything that happened, a lot of which just seemed to be thrown at us in the first fifteen minutes.

I mean...

The last we saw of Stannis was him burning his daughter, then this week his wife took her own life, Melisandre abandoned him, his troops deserted and he lost the battle all within about ten minutes. An extra episode could really have given time to showing that burning Shireen ultimately cost him everything.

Similarly with Sansa. One second she was in as hopeless a situation as ever, the next she was leaping over the wall with Theon. 

It's not like they didn't have the time to do any of this, the first three quarters of this series were just spinning the wheels. 

It was a good episode, I just feel like we could have had one more in between last week's and this week's to really build up to everything that happened, a lot of which just seemed to be thrown at us in the first fifteen minutes.

I mean...

The last we saw of Stannis was him burning his daughter, then this week his wife took her own life, Melisandre abandoned him, his troops deserted and he lost the battle all within about ten minutes. An extra episode could really have given time to showing that burning Shireen ultimately cost him everything.

Similarly with Sansa. One second she was in as hopeless a situation as ever, the next she was leaping over the wall with Theon. 

It's not like they didn't have the time to do any of this, the first three quarters of this series were just spinning the wheels. 

aye i agree with all of this. it was good but considering we've had episodes in this season were pretty much fuck all happened, they squeezed an AWFUL lot in to this one. i get that they want the finale to be as epic as possible, but like you said, another episode with this ones events spread out in to it would've done a lot of good for the pacing

but anyway, FUCK. a lot of shit went down and a lot of main characters are now seemingly dead (although i think we all know that it's not quite that simple. i think Jon will definitely be okay, but Stannis i'm not so sure about. them not showing him actually die could go either way, although i can't see the reason for Brienne keeping him alive.

very excited to see The Mountain/Ser Robert Strong in action in the next season. been waiting for his arrival

The moment where Ramsey's bitch bought the farm was brilliant, I literally shouted "fuck yeah" when she hit the deck.

I was happy when Brienne got to get closure and do the deed with Stannis, even if it all goes wrong for her now she has achieved that.  Stannis as a beaten man was pretty funny as well, it looked to me like his hair had got 3 shades greyer since last week.

Cersei's walk of shame, that was harsh man...unrelenting and a true test of her steel (that she'd never have failed, in my mind).

Poor old Myrcella, one of only about 3 totally blameless and innocent characters in the whole show, so naturally she's going to die.  As soon as I saw the kiss I knew what was going down.

Was I imagining it, or as Stannis was about to die, Brienne appeared to be struck from behind and then it cut away to elsewhere in the battle where Ramsey was killing someone, the only time he was show in the episode, this battle was non existent, but yeah someone clear up the Brienne bit for me?

Was I imagining it, or as Stannis was about to die, Brienne appeared to be struck from behind and then it cut away to elsewhere in the battle where Ramsey was killing someone, the only time he was show in the episode, this battle was non existent, but yeah someone clear up the Brienne bit for me?

Yeah, I saw that.  I'm thinking it could be a representative of Lady Stoneheart?  I know she was ruled out of Season 5 but did they rule her out of the show completely?  I read somewhere that someone who could be Septon Meribald (someone involved in Brienne's storyline before she meets LS) is being cast for S6, so could be leading up to a Brienne/LS meeting next Season?

The moment where Ramsey's bitch bought the farm was brilliant, I literally shouted "fuck yeah" when she hit the deck.

It was certainly one of the best "splats" ever filmed. Couldn't have happened to a nicer girl.

Was I the only person waiting for Jon Snow's eyes to turn blue?

LOL, nope. I was egging them on too, Turn Blue and KILL KILL KILL!!

I thought the same

Edited by When Jokers Attack

On the kingsguard thing, looking at the eyes I had a theory, but there's a major doubt for me too...

My instant thought was "is that The Hound?!" but I'm not sure if The Hound was that big. I suppose the armour could have exaggerated it a bit, but the undead thing kinda makes sense to me too. It did get referenced earlier in the season, did it not? Those eyes though. Could have sworn.