DRINK!

TaBoosh

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm coming from spain so a lot of vodka since it's so cheap and then stock up on beer and cider when I get to to London. Anybody got the formula for how much you need to bring to last the whole festival? :)

Depends how much you plan to drink each day. I usually plan* for 6-8 cans of beer a day and then normally get some cold ones / a few from the cider bus too and then bring a large bottle of some sort of spirit (vodka / whiskey / gin / rum...whatever!) and that usually lasts me the weekend. If I need more I'll just buy from the bar.

*although I say plan for 6-8 I always end up having more!

And don't forget if you're bringing spirits to put them into plastic bottles, no glass allowed! Love the farm. :biggrin:

various flavoured vodkas, last years faves were lemon sherbet, blue raspberry bootlace and cherry drop. Perfect mixed with sprite or lemonade or as a fairly palatable shot straight

I'm also planning on visiting a cider farm or 2 en route to pick up something for the week

Doing some toffee vodka after amazing success at xmas. Some blackberry vodka is brewing from last years crop and some rhubarb vodka which is lethal

Add to that 2 or 3 cases thatchers or stowford press and a bottle or two of good rum I'm sorted

Anyone tried making skittle vodka- sorting out the same colour skittles, sterilise some grolsh type bottles, putting a large handful of same colour skittles in, fill with vodka, and turn every day. In a couple months, you'll be in heaven. Recommend to everyone who likes their voddy

I use the fruit shoot water bottles, nice clear plastic bottle so you can see what flavour it is, with hand sports top for either swigging straight out of or squirting into a cup for mixing. A couple of those chucked into your bag for the day is perfect.

If you are using skittles then it only takes a few days but you will have to filter the scum, boiled sweets however dissolve completely, werthers dissolve completely but it separates out so must be shaken before being drunk

Edited by Bubblecup

Did Skittles vodka a few years ago was great

last year I made Pear Drop and wethers orginals (to milky for my liking but other people liked it)

this year I'm thinking of doing kola kubes and then some Apple Pie Bourbon http://boozedandinfused.com/2012/01/18/apple-pie-bourbon/

will take about 1 ltr of both (going with a group of mates who have never been before so it'll get shared about)

may take some cans but not that many, usually buy a pint or two when there (I prefer my cider nice and cool)

Edited by dan05delaney

Doing some toffee vodka after amazing success at xmas. Some blackberry vodka is brewing from last years crop and some rhubarb vodka which is lethal

Add to that 2 or 3 cases thatchers or stowford press and a bottle or two of good rum I'm sorted

Rhubarb vodka ? How do you do that? Made sherbet lemon and skittles last year! Also took home brew cider, elderberry and elderflower wine plus about 8 cases of cider

Rhubarb vodka ? How do you do that? Made sherbet lemon and skittles last year! Also took home brew cider, elderberry and elderflower wine plus about 8 cases of cider

Got recipe of internet

Got some rhubarb and mashed it in pestle and mortar (rolling pin and clung film would work) put it in kilner jar with sugar lemon zest and juice and cinnamon stick popped lid on gave it a shake to mix it up then left it for 4 days in a cool dark place shaking twice a day. Then added 2 litres of vodka then back in a cool dark place shaking weekly.

Couple month later boom its ready.

The rhubarb starts to ferment before vodka added and carries on doing so. Once ready strain thougg muslin and youre there.

Got recipe of internet

Got some rhubarb and mashed it in pestle and mortar (rolling pin and clung film would work) put it in kilner jar with sugar lemon zest and juice and cinnamon stick popped lid on gave it a shake to mix it up then left it for 4 days in a cool dark place shaking twice a day. Then added 2 litres of vodka then back in a cool dark place shaking weekly.

Couple month later boom its ready.

The rhubarb starts to ferment before vodka added and carries on doing so. Once ready strain thougg muslin and youre there.

Thanks. I will be starting that this week!

Edited by sjp61