DRINK!

TaBoosh

which reminds me, I still owe you a bottle Mr Yogs............, will definitely make the effort to pay up this year at the weds meetup :)

No worries on that bottle oneeye. I'll see you at the Wednesday meet anyway (hopefully). I'll not be wearing THAT t shirt again though. In fact I'm not sure where that's got to. I must get rid of it now that tractors are passé. Not the kind of thing the local charity shops would be interested in I would have thought. :)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only taking spirits since I'm travelling by coach. Got Russian Standard, using some of that to make strawberry vodka. Peach schnapps and JD Honey bought today. Think that'll do since I tend to drink more cider anyway.

Those cocktail pouches that you can freeze are on offer for £1 each in Asda if anyone's interested.

anyone tried this? I like vodka but never had this one....found grapefruit and cranberry flavour so far hoping to find a straight vodka as if the range comes as advertised(brushed metal bottles) it negates the no glass rule pretty easily :P

On that note anyone know any other brands of spirits that come in bottles like this? really dont like lugging plastic bottles around depending on the spirit decanting it into plastic can ruin the taste a bit and also too easy to leak etc.

But one of these+my metal glasto water bottle filled with coke/energy drink/whatever=ideal for backpack for the day.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-5087.aspx

vodka_dan1.jpg

I've had the caramel one which was pretty good but not grapefruit.

I've made up a batch of mojito cordial, heated sugar water mint leaves lime zest and juice on a low heat for about 20 mins. So I can just mix it with rum and water and tap water as needed. I hadn't thought of infusing the rum itself but them I want to be able to have the choice to drink my rum with other mixers as well. Mine tastes pretty good so I'm sure your's will work.

Cheers. The plan is to just have it neat so there won't be any mixers. It's looking good in the bottle. Need to see how it tastes now!

Quick one on the Rhubard & Custard Vodka, I plan to make it tonight / tomorrow. Roughly how many sweets / packets do you use with a large bottle?

Last time I did R&C vodka I used a whole 200g bag in a 75cl bottle of Vodka. Came out nice. Probably do the same again.

I put about 12 in per 330 ml. ( 1l decanted into 3 bottles) it's very syrupy but I think it'll be nectar for a mid morning drink

Last time I did R&C vodka I used a whole 200g bag in a 75cl bottle of Vodka. Came out nice. Probably do the same again.

Nice one gents. WIll make said broth tomorrow! Will see what size bag I can get and lump them all in. Only one way to find out eh?

Apologies if this has already been posted but brothers put yesterday on their facebook that you can pick up festival cider in cans from them in Shepton Mallet next Tuesday and Wednesday; £15 for 24 440ml cans of festival strength £20 for the strawberry (which is weaker and more expensive....confusing)

Info here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/BrothersCider?fref=ts

Apologies if this has already been posted but brothers put yesterday on their facebook that you can pick up festival cider in cans from them in Shepton Mallet next Tuesday and Wednesday; £15 for 24 440ml cans of festival strength £20 for the strawberry (which is weaker and more expensive....confusing)

thanks for this! I think I'll be picking up some strawberry cider now. :D

I have been doing some internet sleuthing (mysupermarket.co.uk but sleuthing sounds way better)

I have checked out who has the best deals for the main spirits my group will be taking with us.

Thought I would share it on here incase it was any help to those who hadn't bought their booze yet :)

Jim Beam
Asda £2.00 per 100ml
70cl Bottle £14
Jack daniels
Morrisons £2.50 per 100ml
1L Bottle £25
Smirnoff Red Label
Tesco £1.60 per 100ml
1L Bottle £16
Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
Tesco £1.60 per 100ml
1 Litre Bottle £16
Sailor Jerry Spiced rum
Asda
£2.64 per 100ml
70cl bottle £18.50
Disaronno Amaretto
Asda
£2.20 per 100ml
500ml bottle £11
Hope this helps
Edited by ceejaya

I will not be getting any Crunk after all. It's been fucking banned.

You can still get it in Scotland, saw it in the shop when I was picking up my 20/20 today. Not quite as strong but I much prefer Dragon Soup.

blocks_image_5_1.jpg

How annoying - could have done that Wednesday but (hopefully...) getting to Shepton Mallet before 9am.

Anyone know if it'll be wise for me to freeze a wine bag? I don't plan to start on the wine til the weekend so should be fully thawed out by then - or will it not freeze completely anyway?

I'm wondering the same thing... I know alcohol doesn't fully freeze... I froze pimms and one of those pre mixed pina coldas before iOW festival, needlees to say both where melted and warm by time we'd put the tent up....

Must invest in a cool box for 2015 onwards... Wonder if I will find a nice colemans one on the monday!

done our beer run, i have 50 cans, 20 larger 20 cider 10 Guinness, jack daniels,

with disaronno, ouzo, vodka and 30 cans of hooch to share

Edited by Tomo18

Anyone know if it'll be wise for me to freeze a wine bag? I don't plan to start on the wine til the weekend so should be fully thawed out by then - or will it not freeze completely anyway?

The key mistake there is white wine - without carrying a cool box around all weekend you will be having it warm

I'm not sure there's been a Monday in years I've not seen a group of girls trying to stomach the last alcohol - the white wine they gave up on on Thursday. Easy pitfall it appears!

Went to my mates to look at our new tent and build the trolley up, his mam gave us a big bottle of black Sam UCA and a big bottle if Jaeger, just as well I bought them shot glasses ( plastic)

Load of cans

3 bottles of flavoured vodka

Flavoured gin

10 gallon peach chablis

Elderflower Sambuca

Bottle of brandy

Edited by baxterboy