DRINK!

TaBoosh

I've recently, as in Sunday, discovered sherry. Marvelous stuff. Will be buying a bottle to decant into plastic for glasto for deff.

I love pale cream sherry but it has to be as cold as possible, preferably with ice. I took a litre last year and managed to keep it fairly cold for a couple of days in my coolbag, and I've got a litre ready for next week too!

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a few cocktails at the weekend I've decided to see if I can make a mojito shot. Currently got some chopped up limes and mint in a bottle of white rum hoping to infuse some flavour. Will add some sugar later. Has anyone tried anything like this before? Not sure how long the infusing should take?!

I've made up a batch of mojito cordial, heated sugar water mint leaves lime zest and juice on a low heat for about 20 mins. So I can just mix it with rum and water and tap water as needed. I hadn't thought of infusing the rum itself but them I want to be able to have the choice to drink my rum with other mixers as well. Mine tastes pretty good so I'm sure your's will work.

My biggest decision is what whisky to bring....haha

You tried the Bushmills Irish Honey whiskey? that stuff is pretty pretty good. Also Jamesons, I can't go wrong with Jamesons, always my favourite of the whiskeys.

I've recently, as in Sunday, discovered sherry. Marvelous stuff. Will be buying a bottle to decant into plastic for glasto for deff.

I can't recall drinking sherry as an adult. I know I had some when I was a kid, but that's another story. A drink I like, but very rarely drink, is port. You should try that also, if you haven't already. In fact, now that the ideas in my head I might buy some for the festival. It's an ideal liquid for those wanting to speak in tongues, but who just need that little bit of a push.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

I can't recall drinking sherry as an adult. I know I had some when I was a kid, but that's another story. A drink I like, but very rarely drink, is port. You should try that also, if you haven't already. In fact, now that the ideas in my head I might buy some for the festival. It's an ideal liquid for those wanting to speak in tongues, but who just need that little bit of a push.

Dude. Ruby Port is the answer, I picked up 2 bottles from aldi for 6.29 each, was just coming on to edit my post to say I bought them. Just need some cheap wkd thing to mix it with and have some cheeky vimto's for breakfast. Port by itself for the evenings. beautiful. I have port, vodka, whiskey and dark fruits wrongbow (which also is a nice mixer for the port!!) - my poor liver

Dude. Ruby Port is the answer, I picked up 2 bottles from aldi for 6.29 each, was just coming on to edit my post to say I bought them. Just need some cheap wkd thing to mix it with and have some cheeky vimto's for breakfast. Port by itself for the evenings. beautiful. I have port, vodka, whiskey and dark fruits wrongbow (which also is a nice mixer for the port!!) - my poor liver

:bow:

It's not often that I bow to a fellow drinker, but in this instance I must. That's a fine arsenal of drink you have there. I'd forgotten about cheeky Vimto's. I think you've just nailed my breakfast tipple for me. And yes I agree, port straight is best left to late evenings / early mornings.

You tried the Bushmills Irish Honey whiskey? that stuff is pretty pretty good. Also Jamesons, I can't go wrong with Jamesons, always my favourite of the whiskeys.

Is that quite sweet? Bushmills Black Label is just about my favourite whiskey. Had a glass of Paddy the other day, first time I've had that for ages.

After a few cocktails at the weekend I've decided to see if I can make a mojito shot. Currently got some chopped up limes and mint in a bottle of white rum hoping to infuse some flavour. Will add some sugar later. Has anyone tried anything like this before? Not sure how long the infusing should take?!

Someone I worked with at 2000 Trees did this and it was incredible.

:bow:

It's not often that I bow to a fellow drinker, but in this instance I must. That's a fine arsenal of drink you have there. I'd forgotten about cheeky Vimto's. I think you've just nailed my breakfast tipple for me. And yes I agree, port straight is best left to late evenings / early mornings.

which reminds me, I still owe you a bottle Mr Yogs............, will definitely make the effort to pay up this year at the weds meetup :)

I’ve got 3 bottles of flavoured vodka (750ml), no lager or anything else as I figure it’s better just to buy a cold one as and when. Tend to just drink shots as I go, so I’ve no idea if that’s even enough or too much, but I’m going to have to be careful to get the balance right as I’ve got to be up and in good working conditions for my shifts.

I'm planning to take a create of beer, crate of cider, some red wine (can drink it warm).

I'm also going to pre-mix a couple of big bottle of pina colada, perfect for sipping in the sun! Not sure whether to add an long-life milk to the cocktail or not, risky?

I’ve got 3 bottles of flavoured vodka (750ml), no lager or anything else as I figure it’s better just to buy a cold one as and when. Tend to just drink shots as I go, so I’ve no idea if that’s even enough or too much, but I’m going to have to be careful to get the balance right as I’ve got to be up and in good working conditions for my shifts.

I've had that problem this year too!

Is that quite sweet? Bushmills Black Label is just about my favourite whiskey. Had a glass of Paddy the other day, first time I've had that for ages.

Not overly sweet, but can taste the honey as such. it's a lovely drop, if you like the black label, it's worth a go.

russian standard vodka 12 quid for a bottle at co-op only seen it for £16+ before so very good deal esp as its top notch stuff definitely better then Smirnoff etc

So annoyed at myself for not getting a bottle when it was 15 quid a litre in sainsbury's. Cheapest I've found the litre now is £18 in Asda.