What have you done today to get ready for Glasto?

Guest JoBalls

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much prepared anything. I have pretty much everything bar a tent and booze from last year.

But this morning I was speaking to a customer about mobile phone network issues in Wells. I was looking at the map I saw the A39 and other roads I know well down there. My colleagues were looking at me funny when I told them, very excitedly, what I'd been looking at.

1) printed the printable art stuff at work.

2) stuck it onto the relevant electrical items.

3) tested the items and fixed the 2 faults.

4) cleared everything up and put all my tools away (not).

5) considered the current length of my hair with respect to how many cuts to have between now and the Glasto chop. (I will have one between my May Day Camp and the Whitsun Camp).

Edited by ian the worm

Bought a couple of pairs of cargo pants at the weekend and put the not to be used ponchos in the holdall with the tent, no point putting it in the loft now is there.

Contacted the campervan company to see if they provide any means of transferring water to water tank, no luck! We got caught out with this last year (first time campervanners) and had to borrow a container, carry it back and pour it in manually, back breaking! Was envious of all the trolleys and pumps!

Back to the drawing board on this one! :girlumbrage:

Bought new airbeds and a new flat camping stove as the little gas bottle job from last year was more than a little unstable. Also became unreasonably excited by a folding silicone kettle which I also had to buy as I cannot leave the close vicinity of my tent until I've had at least 2 decent cups of tea! :lazy:

Contacted the campervan company to see if they provide any means of transferring water to water tank, no luck! We got caught out with this last year (first time campervanners) and had to borrow a container, carry it back and pour it in manually, back breaking! Was envious of all the trolleys and pumps!

Back to the drawing board on this one! :girlumbrage:

I have also lamented / celebrated the fact that i will never be able to own an Audi TT and the apparent problems owning one causes with regards to Glasto; where to secrete things in the concertina'd thingy, etc. Well Jel i 'spose.