Guest lisaneedsbraces

Hi,

I've bought my friend's ticket off her for Wednesday coach entry for 2014 Glastonbury, and as we all know ... these tickets have pictures on!

I need to know if I'll be ok getting through the gates, as I'll probably have a breakdown if I got knocked back and have to head home alone and unsuccessful.

We look vaguely alike, we're both female, have blonde hair, blue eyes and are the same age.

It's my first time at Glastonbury so I'm really not sure how strict or lenient the ticketing staff are. So, any advice from people who've attempted to get in on another person's ticket?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've bought my friend's ticket off her for Wednesday coach entry for 2014 Glastonbury, and as we all know ... these tickets have pictures on!

I need to know if I'll be ok getting through the gates, as I'll probably have a breakdown if I got knocked back and have to head home alone and unsuccessful.

We look vaguely alike, we're both female, have blonde hair, blue eyes and are the same age.

It's my first time at Glastonbury so I'm really not sure how strict or lenient the ticketing staff are. So, any advice from people who've attempted to get in on another person's ticket?

Thanks!

If you really, really, really want to go then you have no option but to go for it. How bad do you want to go to the best party on the planet? It's as morph100 says - make yourself look as much like the photo as possible and festoon yourself with her ID. Enter at a busy time. If they pick you out try to bluff them. Don't offer more information than is asked for. If it still goes belly up and they take your ticket off you then hook up with those around you outside the gates who are also trying to get in without a ticket because some of them are going to find a way in and you may as well get in with them as not.

I've not travelled by coach but my guess is that you've got twice as many checks to get through because they will be checking when they dish the tickets out. Bearing in Maine if you're turned away at the gate you are then effectively stranded with nowhere to go and no way to get there...

I wouldn't be trying it personally.

I've not travelled by coach but my guess is that you've got twice as many checks to get through because they will be checking when they dish the tickets out. Bearing in Maine if you're turned away at the gate you are then effectively stranded with nowhere to go and no way to get there...

I wouldn't be trying it personally.

I worked ln the gates last year and we were told in no uncertain times we had to check properly, there would be mystery shoppers etc. The times when things were checked most were any time after about 11am on the wednesday - before then was the only time there was pressure to get people through swiftly...

This isn't actually a bad idea. You're presenting an obvious reason as to why you don't look exactly like the ticket.

Having said that, I'll be one of those checking tickets and if I do see a Smurf turn up I might now start wondering..

My photo is from 2009, I was 17 and I'm now 22! I look massive different, especially because my fringe has changed from an awful limp side fringe to a full straight fringe. I'm expecting to be asked questions, but it's definitely me in the photo, and I'll have my driving licence with me as well, which also has a side fringe photo that's a couple of years old.

I really should change my photo for next year :sarcastic:

My photo is from 2009, I was 17 and I'm now 22! I look massive different, especially because my fringe has changed from an awful limp side fringe to a full straight fringe. I'm expecting to be asked questions, but it's definitely me in the photo, and I'll have my driving licence with me as well, which also has a side fringe photo that's a couple of years old.

I really should change my photo for next year :sarcastic:

A friend of mine did this last year. She cut and died her hair to look like the picture and took some ID of the person from whom she'd bought the ticket.

What she didn't realise was, as she was staying in the campervan fields, she'd have to have her ticket checked at least twice a day.

Luckily for her, she got away with it all festival.

Hi,

Thanks!

Hey! A couple more things to think about...

I used to work on wristbanding and we were were also told to check the photo (this is after you've gone through the first ticket check). So that's another layer of secuirty to contend with. Also, be aware that your ticket may be checked again if you leave the site to go back to your car etc.

However, when it's busy at the gate no-one's really looking that hard unless you look TOTALLY different to the pic.

Risky business, but not impossible...

Good luck in the resale!!