eFests Glasto 2014 Meet

Guest Woffy

I'm still new to this forum stuff but always glad of a reason for a meet up and a beer, 4pm might be tight being as the bus doesnt leave leeds till 7.15 and we have to get tented and sorted but will do our best, pyrely to get guidance on what to see for the 5 days from the experts like you lot

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about 4pm its not hard and fast rule you have to be there :) I got there about 6 and spent about 45 minutes drinking cider to buck up the courage to find people/looking for faces I recognised! (Eventually found Chazeboy who introduced me to alot of people and I had a splendid evenings drinking!)...but yes bloody awkward at first looking for people you may or may not know from the internet :P

Not sure when we left, but it was dark and we saw the fireworks up by the Park/Stone Circle from there. Everyone seemed to more over to the tree last year if it helps, I think Neil said after last years fest he was planning something different/bit easier to find this year :)

Edited by LondonTom

Wednesday 4pm may be rushed as we'll arrive about then, I need to set up the cv and don my Mr E beard, but I'll get there somehow, looking for giant Bs, naked women on George Osborne's face and a gold prospector.

Edited by whisty

Don't worry about 4pm its not hard and fast rule you have to be there :) I got there about 6 and spent about 45 minutes drinking cider to buck up the courage to find people/looking for faces I recognised! (Eventually found Chazeboy who introduced me to alot of people and I had a splendid evenings drinking!)...but yes bloody awkward at first looking for people you may or may not know from the internet :P

Not sure when we left, but it was dark and we saw the fireworks up by the Park/Stone Circle from there. Everyone seemed to more over to the tree last year if it helps, I think Neil said after last years fest he was planning something different/bit easier to find this year :)

I think it was 2011 when I went to the meet at the allotted time. It had been raining before thus everyone in wet gear, it was impossible to make out anyone. I did have an efests t-shirt on albeit under a rain jacket! I gave it about half an hour and gave up and wandered off.

This. A flag would be very helpful for those of us who, despite being on here for many years, wouldn't actually recognize anyone in real life!

Alternatively we could all ensure we look EXACTLY like our avatars. That giant 'B' is going to get tiresome to lug about though... ;)

there's a possibility that something slightly different will be done this year, which would mean not at the cider bus.

I'll give details at a later point, if/when it's sorted.

I've wandered round at the Cider bus quite a few times and not been sure who was who and given up. It is quite daunting when everyone seems deep in conversation and to know people, to just start talking to random groups of people you don't know