Massive Attack excitement thread

ghandi

Just watching this!

Yeah i'm excited now! Be a good way to send off the weekend!

Loving the 1st 2 tracks of this set, always wondered why I didn't go see them 2008. Me to occupant of neighbouring tent when he came back from the gig " aren't they a little bit dark response, "yes deliciously dark" made me wish I'd gone!

Edited by whisty

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l saw that gig last week on my ipod, loved it, this was when they toured Heliogland i think. Loving Babel. The singer is Martina topely bird , hoping she is there as well as Horace Andy, i prefer him on Angel. I'd love a guest appearence from Tracy Thorne as well please!

I do like Massive Attack a lot but I remember seeing them on the Other Stage in 2008 and being surprised at how boring they were. Still, if I get a ticket this year and they are on against Kasabian, I know I will be watching Massive Attack again, barring any other stages who take my fancy.

I wasn't there in 2008 but I've just been watching a few songs on youtube from that set and I have to say, I'm a bit puzzled as to how people are claiming they were boring? I'm currently watching their performance of Safe From Harm and its got me right in the mood for Sunday June 29th. Incredible! They're exactly how I'd hope/imagined them to be.

Anyway, just thought Id share that with you all. Angel is playing now, got to go

I haven't seen them since '98 and the four homecoming shows they did at the Anson Rooms in Bristol at the end of their Mezzanine world tour. I've sort of not wanted to see them again because those gigs were so epic I'm not sure any other performance of their could beat them. That said, I may give them another go this year...

I wasn't there in 2008 but I've just been watching a few songs on youtube from that set and I have to say, I'm a bit puzzled as to how people are claiming they were boring? I'm currently watching their performance of Safe From Harm and its got me right in the mood for Sunday June 29th. Incredible! They're exactly how I'd hope/imagined them to be.

Anyway, just thought Id share that with you all. Angel is playing now, got to go

The big songs were good, was just v boring either side. Check the setlist

I don't know a great deal about them. Only saw them once, a couple of years back in London. It was an amazing gig, but they had a ton of guests for the different tracks. Is this their normal touring/festival way, and if not, how do they compare when the guests aren't there? Do they have recordings, or random backing singers?

I've been listening to Protection this morning and have to reiterate what a f**ing good album it still is! Some great tracks and I have to say becoming my favourite as a whole album.