Jack White?

ssimpson90

Nah, how many other big White Stripes songs should he do? When his not even White Stripes anymore.

The only changes I'd have made would be a couple of Dead Weather/Racounters tracks. (Ok mainly I Cut like a Buffalo and Top Yourself :P)

i honestly couldn't believe we didn't get Top Yourself, it's been a mainstay of his sets this year and i bloody love the reworked version of it.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Yourself was the only song he missed out that I was really hoping for, can't complain too much though as he played pretty much all of my favourite White Stripes songs!

yeah same although we didn't get Slowly Turning into you either and the new version of that is wonderful.

Some of you asked about my copy of Lazaretto. I played a bit of it and I have to say it was a cool idea executed poorly. The lock grove on mine sounds weird, and the electric version of just one drink jumps when it gets to the chorus. I think someone else mention how difficult it is to set the record off too. The hologram is cool though.

Some of you asked about my copy of Lazaretto. I played a bit of it and I have to say it was a cool idea executed poorly. The lock grove on mine sounds weird, and the electric version of just one drink jumps when it gets to the chorus. I think someone else mention how difficult it is to set the record off too. The hologram is cool though.

Everyone's been saying about the just one drink skip. Personally I think if you can't pull something off well just don't do it. TMR have gone to so many lengths to make the record "ultra" that they don't care if it works or not, as long as they can claim to be the first to do something

Everyone's been saying about the just one drink skip. Personally I think if you can't pull something off well just don't do it. TMR have gone to so many lengths to make the record "ultra" that they don't care if it works or not, as long as they can claim to be the first to do something

I just make sure to play the acoustic intro, no problem with that one.

• 1 year later...

I really love all of Jack White's music, and he sure is a talented guy, but he does come accross as a total w*nker. Slagging off Black Keys, Meg White, and Foo Fighters in the last year or two. I hope he doesn't turn into a bitter old man who hates the world, but I think he might have done already.

I got everything I need to know about Jack White from 'It might get loud'. Everything about him seems so affected. Jimmy Page and Edge come across as genuine guys with a love of music, but White seems like he's come up with this character of an aging bluesman in a hipster's body. Everything about him rings false. And he's not that good on guitar either.