Jack White?

ssimpson90

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty gutted to be missing him (although not as gutted as i'd have been missing Pixies for Metallica). still seems like a silly clash, but an unavoidable one i suppose

who knows, i might end up going to see him. only recently properly gotten into him and i can't help but feel that his set will go down as one of the greats

We might get a bit lucky with the timings, depending on set lengths etc....but yes a gutting clash really if it does happen like that. (Currently a clash finder has Pixies in the gap between Jack White and Metellica ).

That said maybe we are wrong about him and elbow :D (ideally :P)

i like Pixies a lot more than Jack White but i just can't help but feel that Jack White will put on the much better show. such a shitty predicament :( wahhh

I'm torn between the two but this is how I feel, think PIxies aren't really the same anymore. New stuff was garbage.

Pixies at Glastonbury is something i've been waiting for for years, but it came at the worst time; without Kim and with a new shit album to promote. think this'll be a spur of the moment decision. if i go and see Pixies and they're crap (which a lot of people seem to think they are these days) i'll be livid, especially as it's almost a given that Jack will be amazing (and that Seven Nation Army finale will surely be one of, if not the, moments / sing alongs of the festival)

If their live shows without Kim are any indication, her departure was a good move. The studio output would've been the same with or without her as well. Agree that it'll be spur of the moment. I'm just hoping Metallica are gifted a huge set and a long setup time for pyro and whatever that combine to encompass both Bugg's and Pixies' sets.

Edited by dentalplan

i like Pixies a lot more than Jack White but i just can't help but feel that Jack White will put on the much better show. such a shitty predicament :( wahhh

Precisely why I'll be choosing Jack White should the two end up clashing. Pixies are playing a fair few UK dates so I may pick tickets up for one of those nearer to the time (Probably Manchester).

If I did manage to find a jetpack on gumtree and use to get over the fence, and use my renown stealth skills to evade Johnny Law, I'd definitely go for Jack over Pixies, even though I'm way more into Pixies than I am with Jack White.

I'm in the exact same boat here and I've had tickets to see pixies twice but I had to sell both times

Just got in, was not expecting to hear this so soon, bloody love it and i knew i would when i heard the opening line in that other Third Man video. I'm bouncing around to this song on repeat all night i reckon.