Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, rain now = sun at Glastonbury. I was a bit worried by the sunny weather we had last week, but if this crappy stuff continues for a bit then it will undoubtedly be glorious at the end of June.

Sorted.

Get yourself over to NFR NFC, Simon old chap.

With that kind of non-empirical anti-science pagan logic you'll fit in just fiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Met Office 30 day forecast says:

Changeable weather thought likely to develop during early June then looks more likely than not to persist into mid-June. As such conditions then mixed with showers or longer spells of rain interspersed by some drier, brighter periods for most parts of the UK. Later in this period signs are beginning to emerge of a change towards more settled conditions. Temperatures likely to be near or just below average during unsettled weather and near average or rather warm during brighter, more settled spells.

Cautious optimism ...

Met Office 30 day forecast says:

Changeable weather thought likely to develop during early June then looks more likely than not to persist into mid-June. As such conditions then mixed with showers or longer spells of rain interspersed by some drier, brighter periods for most parts of the UK. Later in this period signs are beginning to emerge of a change towards more settled conditions. Temperatures likely to be near or just below average during unsettled weather and near average or rather warm during brighter, more settled spells.

Cautious optimism ...

"Its gunna rain at times in June, it's gunna be sunny at times in june - when its sunny it will be warmer than average, when it's raining it will be colder than average"

In short - we haven't got a clue!!!

You leave Woffy alone and don't get so touchy weirdly beardy people.

What a ridiculous idea to leave your waterproofs at home. That would be presumptuous of the Gods.

"Its gunna rain at times in June, it's gunna be sunny at times in june - when its sunny it will be warmer than average, when it's raining it will be colder than average"

In short - we haven't got a clue!!!

Sometimes things can be easily predicted, sometimes signs are unclear - why kick up a fuss over it?

Doesn't anyone get used to weather forecasting being tough?

Really can't see the point in this obsession with the weather countryfile the Sunday before is the only way, otherwise it's only guesswork.

How many of us say "I hope the weather will be good when....." I know a lot of you hate the NFR NFC thread and think we are all mad but I wonder how many do say or think the above when they are booking something in advance.

Tell you what tho we have a lot of fun and great banter over on the thread.

I for one (being disabled) would have a nightmare as in 2011 where I couldn't get anywhere without a struggle.

So hate me, down vote me and abuse me but I am going to rely on positive thinking NFR NFC and the good old countryfile forecast

Peace and love to all hope everyone has a fab festival.