Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glasto-worker which would you say were the top 5 worst glastoburys for mud?

The first three (04, 05 & 07) I went to were all wet, but I think 07 was the only one where I'd had enough by the Sunday night and wanted to go home. (driver was 8 pints and 2 pills down so no way could we go home that night.)

2011 was pretty difficult navigating around as it was basically a reverse of the 2007 weather!

2007 was Horrid, We'd had to get a ticket/coach deal that year, on sunday morning all i wanted to do was go home then on monday morning our coach was due to leave at 7am, we packed up in the rain at 5.30 then waited, our coach finally turned up at 10am. There was no shelter, no nothing, Horrible, Horrible experience

2007 was Horrid, We'd had to get a ticket/coach deal that year, on sunday morning all i wanted to do was go home then on monday morning our coach was due to leave at 7am, we packed up in the rain at 5.30 then waited, our coach finally turned up at 10am. There was no shelter, no nothing, Horrible, Horrible experience

No food either. Not only that, people were getting on whatever coach turned up, whether they were booked or not. Oh yeah, the coach drivers were trying to not let people on if they were covered in mud, which we all were.

And the rain fell harder and harder as time went on. Awful.

2007 was just relentless rain. No respite at all (apart from during hello sunshine in the SFA set!). The worst year weatherwise for me. 97/98 I was younger so it just didnt make much different. It wasnt as constant those years as in 2007.

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain.

Bleugh.

Edited by russycarps

2007 was just relentless rain. No respite at all (apart from during hello sunshine in the SFA set!). The worst year weatherwise for me. 97/98 I was younger so it just didnt make much different. It wasnt as constant those years as in 2007.

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain.

Bleugh.

This isn't helping with the fear haha.

What a load of old science nonsense.

The weather has nothing to do with science.

If you lot don't start kneeling at the feet of the Weather Gods (Praise thee Weather Gods!) then the moment you step within the Holy Circumference of the Stone Circle your beer will turn to ox milk and your first born will fail their GCSEs.

REPENT HEATHENS! REPENT!

NFR NFC is the only true path to enlightenment.

Join us. We have cookies.

This isn't helping with the fear haha.

dont worry, global warming has really kicked in since then. The wet years are dim and distant memories that will never be repeated!

I've not turned my car engine off once since 2007 to help things along. Lovely lovely CO2

Edited by russycarps

We had to do an overnight shift on the hospitality gate saturday night in 2007. We were so wet and so cold it was actually dangerous. During The Who I huddled in my tent just waiting for Monday to come so that I could leave.

Sad really as there were bits of 2007 that were momentous for us as well in other ways.

I had really been looking forward to seeing the who in the run up to the festival, but on that sunday night we were over at the other stage and just couldnt face that horrific walk to the pyramid, so just stayed and watched the chemical brothers instead.

I still think it was a good year, but you had to be pissed 24/7 to cope with it.

Bleugh.

It wasn't as constant as it seemed, though. Wednesday & Thursday were ok but the rain came Thurs night and then stopped just after lunch on the Friday, with the Same on Sat. Friday & Saturday afternoon/evenings were quite pleasant, but by then the clay-like mud had taken hold and made getting around more and more difficult.

Come Sunday though and it was abyssmal the whole day and just got worse. I think as that was the last day it makes it seem like the whole weekend was like that!

Bleugh.

It could actually have been worse, I remember sitting on the grass on the Wednesday, was lovely. Even on Friday/Sat, there were times it wasn't raining.

The Sunday though was horrific. It was as if the farm was kicking you up the arse saying "and now FUCK OFF"

It wasn't as constant as it seemed, though. Wednesday & Thursday were ok but the rain came Thurs night and then stopped just after lunch on the Friday, with the Same on Sat. Friday & Saturday afternoon/evenings were quite pleasant, but by then the clay-like mud had taken hold and made getting around more and more difficult.

Come Sunday though and it was abyssmal the whole day and just got worse. I think as that was the last day it makes it seem like the whole weekend was like that!

Think I remember it like most as just raining all the time.

One of my favourite years though, saying that the only year I've left on the Sunday night

We've had amazing years for weather and also one of the worst - 2007 was my first ever Glastonbury, my boyfriend had snapped his cruciate ligament before we went and was on crutches. That mud practically finished him off! I remember doing not a lot other than moaning and whinging and a lot of crying about the conditions the whole time we were there. Then as soon as we got in the car to come home (as we embarked on our 9 hour wait to leave the car park), I started crying because I didn't want to leave! It was at that point i realised I'd fallen head over heels in love with Glasto!

We've had amazing years for weather and also one of the worst - 2007 was my first ever Glastonbury, my boyfriend had snapped his cruciate ligament before we went and was on crutches. That mud practically finished him off! I remember doing not a lot other than moaning and whinging and a lot of crying about the conditions the whole time we were there. Then as soon as we got in the car to come home (as we embarked on our 9 hour wait to leave the car park), I started crying because I didn't want to leave! It was at that point i realised I'd fallen head over heels in love with Glasto!

Ouch! Having done my cruciate ligament AND Glasto '07 (at separate times thankfully), I can but empathise greatly with your boyfriend! :fie:

Edited by MoilyX

2007 was the grimmest for us...although we were in a fairly sheltered spot up in campervan east the walk on/off site each day was like an advance across the Somme every day. i remember cowering in the van on sunday afternoon debating whether to leave and then deciding that living 8 miles away was a better reason to stay than go.....watched the Who in the deluge and then slept in our muddy clothes and left at dawn to avoid the inevitable carnage.

some great moments though...i particularly remember seeing Suggs crossing the lake of mud outside Bread and Roses bar in a pristine long pure white trenchcoat...not one person had the nerve to soil it.

respect.

I've not turned my car engine off once since 2007 to help things along. Lovely lovely CO2

hahahahaha :-)

If it helps, my 1972 MGB GT finally got back on the road in Aug 2012 and as it's exempt from the emissions test, it's had a good 9 months of pumping out good old fashioned global warming helping pollution.

I think it was pretty clear by the Monday. Turned out to be even worse than forecast though.

My memory could be playing tricks, it's been a while.

Yeah I think we all pretty much knew on the pivotal Sunday evening Countryfile forecast. Actually the weather chart this week was very similar to June 2007 with that weird low swirling around just off the South West coast.