matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benefits of rain at Glastonbury:

- A sense of being close to nature

- A feeling of camaraderie as we're all in it together

- Exploring indoor areas you wouldn't have otherwise done and discovering something amazing

- The exclusivity of being one of THOSE PEOPLE

- Schadenfreude towards the poor souls at the foot of the hill

- The moment you give in and misery turns to wild abandon

- Being able to actually wear the boots and poncho you bought just in case

- Ummmm...

interestingly many of the sites are predicting rain over pilton / glastonbury today I keep checking (somewhat obsessively) and the web cams have shown zero sign of precipitation

I'm in Glastonbury town and there hasn't been a drop of rain all day. No sign of any either.

interestingly many of the sites are predicting rain over pilton / glastonbury today I keep checking (somewhat obsessively) and the web cams have shown zero sign of precipitation

Can confirm that it has been scorchio here in Pilton all day. Had to shelter indoors midday as it was too hot!

Photos coming soon of the site from wander today. I can confirm that the ground is drier than a dry thing and cracking.

Tomorrow will be telling as the bump in the rainfall tomorrow is very similar in size to those predicted on Friday and Saturday

Just to mention 'shorts' as a few people seem to regret packing them if its gonna rain.

I'll still mostly be wearing shorts as I doubt its actually gonna be cold and wearing longer things just means there is more to get wet.

Shorts are fine in mud and/or rain

I'd echo these sentiments entirely.

I'm only packing shorts

Edited by Alcatraz

It isn't, half the time it's completely different to the Met forecast and by no means is the Met forecast the "most trustworthy" forecast going

I wasn't at Glasto in 2009 but a few mates were. I remember watching the BBC weather outlook on the Tuesday and they suggested the festival would be washed out. I genuinely feared that my friends' festival would be ruined, but the rain was gone by Friday if I remember correctly.

Silver Hayes and entrance to The Park spring to mind.

the entrance to the park in 2011 was comparable to Passchendaele. Sooo many people stuck, slipping over or trying to free their wellies from the mud. Once they put hay/woodchips down on Friday/Saturday night it wasn't too bad but the damage was done.

I helped someone get their wellies back and they bought me a large mr whippy ice cream with a flake and raspberry sauce. Worth it.

I thought many sites were only predicting a few millimeters of rain. Where has this mud bath talk come from?

Also, with the site as dry as it is at the moment, i'm sure any wetness would get absorbed rather quickly.